Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[Building Contest Closed - Winner Announced] Killer Vanilla Challenge Three: I Am Become Death...

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by iN5URG3NT, Jun 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Fluffy the Fleshpound Trainee Engineer

no worries then all u'll ever have to do is aim up a bit like ur shooting for bullet drop, just it goes down with distance not up

2. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

@Fluffy the Fleshpound, @WardenWolf I'll do my best to compensate for any targeting issue, I've restarted tests before because I didn't think I was using a submission correctly.

@Shadowcalen1 Don't give up! There's still a week to go!

It's the Medusa Vs Odin's Finger so far, any more competitors?

3. WardenWolf Junior Engineer

I seem to be encountering an insanely obnoxious bug since yesterday's patch, and I can't fix it: all my batteries are now printing turned OFF. I'm using my own Workshop blueprint (not the one I've worked on since then) which I fired countless times yesterday. But now the freaking batteries are printing turned off so they don't charge before launch.

4. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

@WardenWolf That's not good. Hopefully it will be fixed before next Friday. If not, I'll work around it as best I can. You will not be marked down for SE instability.

5. RyansPlace Apprentice Engineer

Can't you simply change your BP to have the battery on?

If that doesn't work. Do this:

1. Go to the workshop. Download this script into a programmable block.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=453994465

2. Have a timer RUN the programmable block the script is in with this argument:
    -withName "MyStupidBattery" -action OnOff_On -value "Recharge=False"
    *MyStupidBattery"=whatever name your battery is.

3. IMPORTANT: Ensure the script runs at least 1 second before releasing the merge block, else your missile may stall. This requires two timers in your launch sequence.
    ...(a) Timer 1: RUNs programmable block and STARTs Timer 2
    ...(b) Timer 2: Set at 1 second delay releases the merge block.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  6. Fluffy the Fleshpound Trainee Engineer

Can do that or just simply have the timer turn on said block groups at a timed out, and planned events before firing.

Already ran into this u will find it halts production of missile.
    As well u will soon learn batteries like in my odins finger post. I posted my updates for a reason. Batteries are to slow of recharge to use redesign ur missile to have a connector that connects to a reactor.

In the opposite end place a connector with a conveyor sorter whitelisted to only allow uranium.

Go to a reactor, or cagro access door, and pull out about 5-6 uranium.

Set all reactor to group and turn off use conveyor

Set uranium on character back in a container make sure its not draining any.

Then build a timer to be triggered before firing to lock connectors, and have them both turned off by timer that turns on gravity force( if quick enough took me a bit of timing to get but should pull about .4-.6 uranium per missle if need more power lenghten the connecting timer, or have that timer start the launch one) ,

Have the connector on ship turned on by timer that turn merge back on. Solved

7. Hydrohawk Trainee Engineer

Attempting to make a small powered guided missile, but haven't gotten too far yet. Do have a couple of questions though. Does the Autopilot feature take Pitch and Yaw into account when moving? I haven't played with that function yet, but I was thinking it might work. Also, can warheads be set to detonate on contact or do you need a sensor to trigger the detonation?

Really liking these vanilla challenges. Haven't submitted anything yet, but I've been learning a lot more about the game.

8. Fluffy the Fleshpound Trainee Engineer

As far as drone im lost, but the warheads tech. U dont need sensor if u slam one of them near the front hard enough into something. make sure they are contacting one another and they will chain reaction, but i think if even powered down turrets still will lock on.

9. RyansPlace Apprentice Engineer

I've found that warheads are slightly less effective when contact detonated as opposed to having a sensor trigger them. I use sensors on the nose set at minimum distance

10. Fluffy the Fleshpound Trainee Engineer

Ah, just wondering though why not a side so that it doesnt pre-maturely explode before contact like on the tip block but to the side so that once it sees the station its right on top of it.

11. WardenWolf Junior Engineer

Sensors are also now printing turned off, I discovered. I HAVE managed to work around both the battery and sensor issue, but it adds 2 seconds to my reload time because now I have to turn them on at the end of the welder run and have a separate charging delay; before they just charged while the rest of the missile finished building.

Don't worry, I still made it so you can't screw up. The launch timer block is disabled until the batteries have 2 seconds of charge (enough for the launch) and a sound block will notify you when you can fire again.

12. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

[QUOTE="Fluffy the Fleshpound, post: 1286787722, member: 3961917"
    As well u will soon Batteries are to slow of recharge to use redesign ur missile to have a connector that connects to a reactor[/QUOTE]That's odd. I've never had a problem with the recharge rate of batteries; however, my projectiles do tend to be much smaller than what I see here.

13. WardenWolf Junior Engineer

Actually not true. Battery recharge rate is actually a function of how powerful your reactors are and how much power they have to spare. A large ship large reactor can charge a battery in seconds.

14. Fluffy the Fleshpound Trainee Engineer

Oh i guess my ships to under power :(
    yay learn something new

I had batts. Take 5 min and still not enough power to perform their stage releases

15. noxLP Junior Engineer

Not only the batteries, here gyros, timers, thrusters and programmable blocks are printing turned off too... i have been working in a sort of missile that launch a cluster of decoys and i can not print it cause all the merge blocks are off... i'm thinking the only workaround is to time everything with a script to turn on all the blocks while printing it, i'm not even sure if it can be done or if i can do it :eek:ops:

16. WardenWolf Junior Engineer

Yeah, I discovered that since my post. I put in a bug report. Don't worry. It's easily fixable. Here's how I do my reload sequence:

Timer 1: Welders and projector turn on and start welding the missile. Start Timer 2.
    Timer 2: Welders and projector turn off, batteries and other blocks turn on, and start Timer 3 as a charging delay.
    Timer 3 (2 second delay): Re-enables the launch button and triggers something to notify the pilot that the missile is ready.

It adds an unwanted two-second delay to my reload sequence, but it works just fine.

For me, the merge blocks are glitching and staying attached even when they shouldn't, so it's all good.

17. Fluffy the Fleshpound Trainee Engineer

@WardenWolf just wondering are u turn both merge blocks off (missle and ship)?

18. Shadowcalen1 Apprentice Engineer

Well, the Lance MK II is now mostly done, I just need to figure out a effecent way to turn the battery back on, as everything works minus that. I dont want to add a extra step (time), as I am currently using 20 timers to fully automate the system, and a few are very time dependent. Anyone have a alternate fix?

19. Street Deacon Apprentice Engineer

<a href=""

My Small Block Ship Assault Ship
    so far its just the ship i need to build the launch and storage system as well.

20. Shadowcalen1 Apprentice Engineer

Are chords for a remote stored in a blueprint, or will they need to be reentered?

21. WardenWolf Junior Engineer

@FluFFy, no. Only the ones permanently attached to my ship (not on the projectile and decoy side) get turned off, then turned back on at the end of the firing sequence (before the reload sequence). There is NO need to turn both sides of a merge block off.

@Shadowcalen1, 20 timers?! What on earth are you doing? My whole setup only requires 5.

22. Fluffy the Fleshpound Trainee Engineer

@WardenWolf be careful then i think its a bug. i have to turn both off or i see sparks

23. WardenWolf Junior Engineer

Just verified there's no damage to my merge blocks. Merge blocks are designed to be bump-resistant. Try just turning off the ship-side blocks. It will be okay unless you have some WEIRD setup.

24. Fluffy the Fleshpound Trainee Engineer

ok cool, but even the ship only does sparks ill jsut leave it turn both off

25. Kovendon Apprentice Engineer

hmmm...

With my setup the merge blocks hold and operate correctly, only releasing when a sensor switches. That is, if the ownership of everything is set to nobody.

Turned all the components on the ship over to "Me" and got pummeled by my own spinning arms of merge block death :eek:ops: The merge blocks would weld and immediately detach :D

...Merge blocks in the blueprint were set to Nobody, so it's likely because of the different ownership. If I set the owner of the BP of the ammo to "Me" will that transfer to the next guy?

Also, does the ammunition blueprint stay attached to the projector when someone else loads it up, or do we need to publish that blueprint as well?

Having fun with these PMW's... but these ownership settings are things I haven't had to do while building for myself.

Oh, and I'm thinking this will not be an effective tactic for destroying the base... flak screen maybe, but not enough BOOM on target! 5 pictures below tell how my day went.

So, when that doesn't work, try MORE of that thing...

Aaaaand.... the results were...

26. WardenWolf Junior Engineer

@Kovendon, any blueprints loaded in the projector become part of your ship's blueprint. This was covered in a bug report a few weeks back; someone was complaining that blueprinting their ship while it was loaded in its own projector caused large file sizes. Who would have thunk it?

I've finished the paintjob and other aesthetic stuff for my ship. I've updated the screenshots. I think this looks fairly intimidating:

[​IMG]

@iN5URG3NT:

I tested it with the point of impact aimed directly dead center in one of the station's sides, with the turrets defending against it. It killed the reactor in 6 shots, going directly through that huge spoke you have going out to the center of the side.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  27. Fluffy the Fleshpound Trainee Engineer

@WardenWolf Indeed it does wouldnt wanna fight ya, had a few accidents here and there one in particular caused me to switch to HP rounds because one explosive torpedo went sideways because i had forgot to put the extra gravs that are on the bottom on top and it amputated its own nose. its pretty stripped of armor and armor casing design for weight

28. WardenWolf Junior Engineer

@Fluffy the Fleshpound, set override on the torpedo's gyroscopes and leave them turned off until launch. That'll make sure the torpedo always flys straight.

All my grav generators are actually on the bottom. They're just set to 75 meter width / depth to ensure they'll cover everything.

29. Fluffy the Fleshpound Trainee Engineer

@WardenWolf it's fine i just deleted and re-pasted i blueprint saved it before each fire just incase. i've had to many creation blow-up with no restart piont

30. Agnar Apprentice Engineer

I'm thinking of submitting a weaponless vanilla-fied version of a new destroyer of mine, but would like to clarify one of the rules
    I'll be submitting a contestant in roughly 12-18 hours... Gotta strip the weapons off and make it vanilla then she's good to go. It's a new destroyer I'm rolling out...

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.