Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Can i run it?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by George.Mamakos, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. George.Mamakos Apprentice Engineer

If you are having doubts about your PC being able to run Space Engineers - even after reading the System Requirements - you can post your system's specs here and ask for advice.

Also, don't forget that Minimal requirements represent the bare minimum to run simple scenes and don’t guarantee a perfect experience.

2. spacetrain Trainee Engineer

too slow on my e5300 :(

3. Mishka Junior Engineer

What are the rest of your specs and slow how? in a workshop world or a new one?

4. smb3master Trainee Engineer

Well, I'm always doubtful, so I was wondering if my PC can run Space Engineers (even on lowest settings) with a decent amount of stuff and decent FPS.
    My specs are:

CPU: AMD A-10 5750M Quad core APU @2.5GHz

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 8650G

RAM: 8GB

5. NotSoLoneWolf Trainee Engineer

can my laptop run this game? Want to know before I buy it:

Brand: Sony VAIO
    CPU: Intel(R) Core i5 2430M (Dual Core)
    RAM: 6GB of DDR3
    GPU: Intel HD Graphics Family
    HDD: 1 TB of memory, 600ish GB remaining
    Display: 1366x768 resolution

The GPU is no longer supported so my Drivers are out of date, and most games recognize it as a nonstandard GPU. If there is a problem then this will probably be it. Is there any way to replace/upgrade it without having to buy a new motherboard/laptop? I heard you could plug in a new one to a USB port, what about that?

6. waterlubber Trainee Engineer

NotSo, probably not. That laptop does not have a GPU and USB GPU's are very slow.
    "Intel HD Graphics Family" is an integrated GPU and will not run the game very well. You want a desktop or laptop with a dedicated, separate GPU.

7. NotSoLoneWolf Trainee Engineer

Yeah, I realized that. I'm gonna try and build my own computer, wish me luck! Fed up with stupid integrated graphics, that freaking GPU has been giving me trouble for years.

8. comeredevinho Trainee Engineer

Windows 7
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2,93GHz
    4gb RAM
    64 bits OS

ATI Radeon HD 4670

9. Orange_Slime_ Junior Engineer

Anything with an Intel integrated graphics card will not get much more than 10 fps

10. Marauth Trainee Engineer

space engineers runs good at my pc

Intel i7-920 (2,64 GHz)
    MSI Geforce GTX780 (TwinFrozr)
    6 GB memory

My current problem is the temperatur.
    GPU heat up to 77°C and CPU to 68°C :eek

11. Caparrso Trainee Engineer

Hi there, CPU AMD quad core 4350 (4,2Ghz)
    GPU HD Radeon 6950
    RAM 8 GB (2133Mhz)
    In new made world i run about 200 FPS then i get close to asteroid and it goes down to 15.. i tryied reinstaling pc, playing with catalyst with in game settings.. without difference. When im close to "roid" i jump to system then back game runs smooth but after "roid" gets fully loaded im down again to 15 fps.. any advices ?

12. Uzul Apprentice Engineer

If I remember right, the game right now does not support multithreading yet, so basically only uses 1 core of the computer which limits the performance a lot. Once they changed that bit, the performance should jump up a lot on most systems - but when I remember the blog right, it might easily take like 6-12 months until they can change it, so a bit patience is needed ;-)

13. demonata08 Trainee Engineer

That's incorrect even for the date it was posted. It's been multithreaded every since i've known about SE.. It's just not multi for physics.

Nobody official will reply to my topic and nobody will reply to my email so maybe i can get a reply here

intel i7 720qm(quad 2.9-3.1ghz)
    HD Mobility 5880 1gb vram
    8gbs ram
    windows 7 ultimate

I can't get more then 50 fps on lowest resolution and settings and my laptop meets the recommended specs. Before the last few updates it was running just fine. Its fresh windows with no viruses and drivers are all up to date. Can someone please clarify?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2015
  14. Ebben Trainee Engineer

My Specs:
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz
    8,00 GB ram
    Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 + Nvidia geforce gt640m 2gb
    Win 7 64-bit

Can I run it?

15. dennisk919 Trainee Engineer

I'm going to college for engineering in a few mouths and I'm getting a HP laptop so which one do you guys recommend for this game?

16. emithowie Trainee Engineer

Hey my specs are:
    Intel i7 5500U @2,4 GHz 4mb Cache
    12gb of RAM
    Nvidia GeForce 940M 2gb dedicated

Can I Run it ?

17. sgtheadhole Trainee Engineer

18. General Lee Trainee Engineer

i7 2600k @ 4.5Ghz
    16GB DDR3 1600Mhz
    GTX 780 1100Mhz

I struggle to get 30 fps in a somewhat complex 5 day old multiplayer survival mode scene regardless graphics settings. 2 large ships, 4 small construction ships, 1 large mining ship, a base with a couple refining/assembling farms.
    CPU usage around 30%, GPU usage around 30%. My buddy with an i7 4770k and twin GTX 970's can't do any better. The game is clearly not optimized for mid-high end hardware configurations, and is at this point in time is largely unplayable unless one sticks to small ships and simple worlds. As soon as one starts adding in special entities like Refineries, Assemblers, Turrets, ect and doing productive activities such as mining, it drags the game down rather quickly. Yet it never seems to really dig into the hardware as the fps plummets. Given this, I would imagine that you could have a CPU/GPU 60-70% slower and end up with similar results. If i find the time i can test my Phenom 9500/9800 GT Vista 32bit rig and see how it fares. Probably better than what i have now.

Hope this helps.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  19. ThatOneDude182 Trainee Engineer

I was wondering if I could run Space Engineers smoothly on any setting
    Processor: Intel Core2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13 GHz
    RAM: 4GB (3.25 usable)
    32-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Also have an AMD Radeon HD 6570 video card

20. Tigerstripe Apprentice Engineer

21. PhantomX Apprentice Engineer

I dont believe you seem to understand that even tho we are blowing away the recommended requirements for the game, we are still suffering from slow down and poor performance George. I'm getting the feeling you guys arent even looking at this forum here anymore. I've been reporting failing on the blueprint/script/mod/world save loading problems for OVER a year now. Not once has there been any reply or acknowledgement of our problems.

22. Kpr Wredny Kocur Trainee Engineer

I want buy SE but i don't know i run it on my PC. RAM 4GB, Intel Core 2 quad q6600, Asus GTX 650 ti.

Edit. Pff. Nice community. Thank's for you i don't buy this game. Say bye bye money's.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  23. PhantomX Apprentice Engineer

Kpr, it probably for the best, Keen has lost alot of respect from the community, unless it affects a majority of people they dont care. I've been reporting the blueprint/script failure to load (which isnt mods wouldnt load) for over a year now. I'm seeing more and more people reporting this problem now. From what I can tell yeah, you could run it, but you wouldnt like it run really slow. The system requirements have changed and they wont update them. Tech support, alot of mod support, old guard, (me included) has left, and the game has been going down the tubes for about a year and half now. Save you money and get something else.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. flyinggarlic Trainee Engineer

Hi folks,

I just want to let folks know that I have really low end old system and it runs SE decently although certainly not as well as better machines. However at least for single player I feel that it at least runs well enough to have a positive experience that is well worth playing. I do have to tweak settings toward the low end, AND I am only running at 1600x900, also I am sure if I loaded a very complex scene my system would crawl. But again, my system is really low and and I wanted to let people know that I am able to run SE however NOT with planets.

intel core 2 duo e4300 (overcloaked)
    4 megs ram

geforce gts 450

25. flyinggarlic Trainee Engineer

your system is way better than mine and i can run it (without planets)

26. flyinggarlic Trainee Engineer

i have a lower end system and am able to run ok, medium settings, no planets, at least single player

27. wietsepeursum Trainee Engineer

I have a Intel core i3-4005u (1.7 GHz, 3MB L3 cache
    intel HD graphics 4400, up to 1792 Mb dynamic video memory
    8 GBDDR3 L memory 25 GB ssd

it wont run good white mods
    end it lags
    and I have windows 10[​IMG]

28. Thales M. Senior Engineer

I have ~20 FPS in earth like planet where I have a tiny base and two very small ships. I tried to increase FPS by lowering graphic settings further and I get ~10 FPS! I decided to revert back previous settings but FPS is still 10. I exit the game then restart, I have 20 FPS again. I lowered the settings then restart the game again now I have 20 FPS again.

Is there a way to improve FPS up to 30?
    What do I need to upgrade to increase FPS; GPU or CPU?

My PC:
    Core i7 920
    HD 7850 2GB
    12GB DDR3
    1920x1200 resolution

29. BladeedalB Trainee Engineer

I know you asked this 9 months ago, but I figured what the hell :/
    That's near enough the same specs as my laptop, and the game is playable (with mods), but it gets choppy every now and then. I'm in the process of upgrading to a desktop because I feel this laptop is very close to being obsolete with current games. Hope this helps :)

30. YouTubePhantom Trainee Engineer

GT540M (not sure if 1 or 2 gb) 16GB VRAM Intel i7 Quad core processor (8 processors overall) @ 2.20GHz Windows 10 Toshiba MQ01ABD100 1TB/TO HDD, ACPI x64 based PC (laptop. GPU is a GT 540M notebook FYI) and with some tweaking, TESV runs between 32 and 40fps (medium-low quality)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.