Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Cannot Switch Graphics Cards

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Fibby McHooberNoggin, May 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Fibby McHooberNoggin Trainee Engineer

(first post)
    Yeah, I know, this problem probably comes up every day on this forum, but...
    Obviously, in the options menu I cannot switch to my AMD graphics card, but my graphics card's temperature does rise into the 70's (not a great computer, I will [hopefully] be getting a new one soon.) I've set Space Engineers to maximum performance in my Catalyst Control Center, but it just doesn't wanna show up. My bios cannot disable my Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600.

So I would like to know, is my graphics card actually working? My fps is fine in the 30's, but I can run other games such as ARMA 2 & 3 with 40-60 fps on good(ish) settings.

Integrated: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 8790M

Thanks for any help you can spare, and if I'm just stupid, please point it out.

2. Dr. Mechwarrior Trainee Engineer

What I think is that the game "Space Engineers" is running the software the game recommended, and doesn't think that your current graphics card program thingy (I don't know much of computers, so yeah) can run it smoothly.

If I am talking non-sense to those who KNOW things I DON'T know, don't get mad at me.

3. Turretproblems Trainee Engineer

I have the exact same issue, except im also getting strange, static-like shadows all over the place

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.