1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Cannot upload mod to Workshop - What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by MorshuArtsInc, Oct 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. MorshuArtsInc

MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

Hello engineers,

I'm currently working on my first mod, just a silly little thing you folks might enjoy.
    I think I have everything I need: A mod metadata.mod file in the root folder of the mod, and the files are in the right subfolders, and I have a thumb.jpg. I've tested it ingame, it works how it should.
    However, when I'm in the mod overview menu, the upload-to-workshop button is greyed out.
    Also, it says that my mod is not compatible with the current version of the game. I guess that's the reason I can't upload. But as I said, I have a metadata.mod file in the root folder:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <ModMetadata xmlns:xsd="https://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="https://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
      <ModVersion>1.0</ModVersion>
      <MinGameVersion>0.6</MinGameVersion>
      <MaxGameVersion>0.7</MaxGameVersion>
    </ModMetadata>

It looks okay to me.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

2. CptTwinkie

CptTwinkie Master Engineer

I don't see anything wrong with the metadata

First is a GUI bug. Remove the mod from the world so that it's in the left column. That should activate the publish button.
    Second, check your thumb image size. Steam wants them to be < 1mb which is pretty restrictive. I recommend high compression jpg

3. MorshuArtsInc

MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

Aaah, that helped. My thumbnail image was around 850kB, so that wasn't the problem.
    So to conclude, if I want to publish a mod, it needs to be in the 'Available Mods' column, not the 'Active Mods' column.
    Thanks Captain, helpful as always!:)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.