Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[Cargo ships & Client(s) can save =can't=] Planet worlds

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Wizlawz, Nov 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Wizlawz Master Engineer

so i can not enable cargo ships nor can i enable client(s) can save, am i doing something wrong? or is it the world i am choosing: Star System (something like that)

i am not renting a server, seeing how it is gonna do on my PC in which i think it's gonna fry.

2. rexxar Senior Engineer

Keen disabled or broke client save several months ago. Also, cargo ships are currently permanently disabled for worlds with planets; Keen said this is a temporary fix for a problem they found, and they'll re-enable cargo ships later.

3. Wizlawz Master Engineer

ahhh ok cool, good to know, thx for the reply / info

4. HurricaneGirl Apprentice Engineer

Cargo ships can be enabled with planets, though the 'stock' ships just fall out of the sky when they get too close to the planet.
    You can build ships with atmo thrusters, but it's tricky to get them to work correctly without inertial dampeners on.

[​IMG]

5. Wizlawz Master Engineer

how do you enable them? it is greyed out for me, can not click, is it in some file that it has to be changed and if so how do i do it?

6. HurricaneGirl Apprentice Engineer

If you look in your saves folder there's a file called sandbox.SBC.

Look for a setting called [EnableCargoShips] and set it to 'true'.

7. Wizlawz Master Engineer

in notepad i get a bunch of "code"(?): / and even worse in notepad++

how do i decipher?... this use to be easy ...now it's getting.... complicated.....

‹ í\moÛ8þ¾Àþ‡ ßc“zWàz‘æ¥õn³
    âlÓöËB±Y[WYôIrÒô×ߐ")’’%.r½Å-E4óœÉáhäÑoßVÙÞ-)Ê”æ¯öñ íÿ6þõ—Ñùýû›‘Yõz“fsRü}¼$³¯kšæÕ4ÈËÃoåüÕþ²ªÖ‡ÃáÝÝÝàÎÐb1tÂÏç靈%Y%û
    œ>>Hó²JòÙööFÇ›¢ y5)h±÷íÕ>Úß»çÿ~çÿkØi–¬K2“¬ÈUº"c/ÂŽ¡k„FC›É[LIÉ´ýˆãéûwG—“éh¨kÔN`èZ¦°8ò™‰tàF¡ë|„üEB—ñ /8ŽÈu‘ú\êì8Èãð yQä»±Ô:>£Å]RÌy¿h€Â(ŠqÔ¢Aì¹aìDu?hà:(Ž<½ù_kÑÒq|' „µ½ €ï†ªeŒŽÖò}‘‚¡MI ~Ö=7ðPŒ†Ö§1ˆG ‡Üx4üÔ°>3VûL¹ÑðsøF„âÐñ~-GÚCÃDtÚ}tS$Ç4¯
    še¤_-Ób~ŽKsÕd4lÁ´Æ§y•V÷c$Qâ¹FÈóÚïÇ…ØÇØ÷]y®šÙ Þô")Ë;
    ó&ò„”³"]s¤wIYM“ÛÚ„ýŒœø
    áCúÑÀ
    ä:ø ‡Ìm
    ¼é'i½HÆ^0ðì9šÅ¯Vi™É¬"Å¥ÙMRH›‹Ç«û5+Ìh¨“rJ2è™Ì§…e_¦‡yš½Ú¯Š
    Ñœ‡1ËfžÙ£z‚çI>'ߘÍë?tNEVªN9Iª„S¯öí=HHÈÚonÈëŒÎ¾îkí¹í¿¤9÷šÉÜà0½¡S Ú½^’dÆ]GðVÓÍMU3Þ%Å¢tºJ²ì
    ÉÁ‡xËc3Ü"
    0@ÑÆdCÃf[,ˆ^ª®žbãbEPuM^Æ~Î?Ñ~Ç´ÈÉ9 ûóð’|Éx”ð.],«§Xñ¬€-]´z #z?¯_Ã>Hó§ï2™'?Öùê‡RD˜vRóó;%òðÍÓ-)î›ÞS0’>øä^³,±‡ÍûÇ=`õ¦’lC´ÆYrOŠÉÜ2ýqÆ"P9ü c“\„ˆˆ`R<£Å”i’±0TüŒ¬YÌPê *nìà{1I£ÿ
    GCkbõ@Ìð¦ªÒ|Q>°:Dœ/‘R³»"œÓ9„DpôŽ%EI~ªÑâ~š~'盬J× lQïŒÝ,Ñò¨,ÉêÂQÕÈÜlº•g·=ýò%qg÷[:èˆ^.Ùb$ _[€m,y9È3`s;\\N>]BÔÞÐê<ùV;K9·ÒžþYFfóz>Êqàq M
    NóÛ6ç˜õ--«4c¡úôèFïdIkm*ú–$ ÞbÌU0FQ}'`¯cº¾‡Ø½"hSøš$kš—5w.°Q†ÂKzWëÍ®‘åûüíf>þ’d%‹qºx2"_±8IVÉBŠcôv_:]¦k5¶è¿Í0”UwCÙ†ªÜdEáÚQ$åR uŠ´-²9sô?Vl=돪›rÜåLœ¸C€1…”mFÓ‚TïïÀKàipªf„dÛ]6+]¹À‹4ïn¶…£$ß/›Mé&Ÿ7’T}›ÀåÀê†Ý¿GÃ.ŽÌ'b•äàÌ'°ñ,å Usov1œäçi¾©`ßCµ‡›DéÒÖìiˆä³[c7SJUЙoŠ$;!yÉïÍšµéSPsì„ç¢ DzÎx¸&ƒ‡ÁÆ~ÈÉRx\ÃpåI¾€4åwìÒpg“#}Hɝº‹´A“Ù—Œ‰ÔɐAÑo¤¹ù}¨Óḟº†Üï¿Ý/Hn,HÌ•Y
    &¤69F£Ó|~X±
    Wo¡‘
    8WÍ@Ös˨Ó2\³éf½¦Een|³ƒM~IEnÇh¨Ñ¥3¤%ãhÛC)BKú÷Œ@PÒÓyZñÃHîµ6]à_'U•)”x²ú²ûh6Þüwšæ—›<g'‰Úu
    ª\
    Ëû2• \Ë’Åým¢¹1Ç„ÍÕm’Éuìñ £(]fo…VÿTkØl‹Kš¾/\§Õ’ÖÒc,¢„VIQMriýYA”w²Q¸k¨ålyA‹ÙD
    'pºƒZ>ÄƒÑ± éÝi0bÖÑ]ýx´^ˉ1†
    „=³¡qÌY23&ÅzfrY¤@èQ¬ Ahë8®ÛŸ¸8
    "E5\ÉU²O/.¯à¼O:£ÎN쑽‹<†”£¡JNÌE‘Þg’¡æòÂfÑ?¬@µï{2òcσkh€àÂàûQÈ\Y2F“òI k11ê±;c‡¦†“Ï沯À€lé;âË’ü{VšÆaÇåÑlF֕詉
    rg“¸%«Ä&ë-8ùíÎpé§IƒŠ
    ˜%ÂçÙýYZ¨þ;8Í
    é1|¢ÃFNˆ|×uäºvÙ¹½ÕaC7èö×Ï9ËöS-#.!:©Û£%R'½‹»ÿ8o9ìßǍèã9.®TmÚ杳;#ÔN˜<”2éØüÌ”IGÒ¤iÞu
    ˜‰ŽV6g7ñZI«‡ÅëXóˆ×ÊÅ0’uÕ¿$Yà4ïˆ,/µfn1Z“( ó‰1"ßL¼ÐõCìxÁ ¼YYÌèbsw±%™Ÿ¥KC*0ˆf±¤Èæ([…™Ca…aŸAx×A't"7vz
    *Á;ê¹±ïøz™W‚w4@Žû½Ì«À»êDàó^à÷T‚wÔ‰C–Vã>ƒ*ðΚ¢À
    c?ꧩ ïê½a€X½@/Mx×Aq軎{½•à]ubÇñœÀí5¨ï¼#á cÇíµNxçAQä`ßíµdxWïE>¸†Ûs×à]5`Äp öÒT‚Àæ{ @ß́ƒw5¯çùÐQ?GRà68™qá~G› ïlÞ „ƒ¹Ÿ#)ðŽƒúbÂǽ4Uà]燂¯×Þ«À»Î©‡ƒÐƒ~s*Á»{Ì“ßkN¸ß üIÄ¥]ÑŠÌÿ*!¼•±«Üò:]š·àÖ«uí•:ˤMïKÁ~›nå!å‹•cJ³9½S!öh2'ÖËp[Ð^KÊ–°ÆVMNÒr
    Á>7øuú=Kî¾ó"*¤zwªÆÀ^€PEØà ò§½á?m
    Åò¶Ùø4_¤9ñËMZýÓ¿—$[‘ŠO°›áhF‹ó¤üÊëDN„|øÏkŠ'Q©®µ®—–‰v4¡÷¸ ô^OC¢ív{D'%‘za~QÛ”nÊÞ¶>áe™¸j•Ï¨Æx¹jƒGÊl#Ö‚Ù%6}×Â3›ðë<ç%˜"]Ò<0³ÂÓ&?^é©YîñŠÏlT~äuïJÐaWB5ÆÞµ"ªéi{eTc·çTŠ6ú?»bTu±vJè5T
    ¹ÓöÌHGeiƒø¹gä±ÊÉÆϪ@mìú’óÑQ©Ú þéóñpEkcØ—œŽÊ×ñsOH¯ÊØÆϪmŒû’“ÒQIÛ ~îIy°Ò¶Qÿ©·=à<è¹
    +Þh"ÕúënjŸ²¶ìž'åYZ”U]ÒÒ¼'ÓhVU±ƒy ¥Wï(Ì[’̏òEFŒÆ†–ü¢šˆZî-ܽö×Hªð´Q8„(E,à;Å·éÉ&Ѝ{ã³ô‚q¼Õ*¶]ü
    /ÙG`ì~¢ï†Ø÷Ž(¯õI•Q\ñ4›´«¬5Šx
    Ù×*ò«(ä{>Ø%
    zå GìË9„¼Ú*ž?ˆË‘DÏ6
    {½ù€ø†À¯®|‘™ïpŸXÝq c+²zÚÓb띶
    y^f [ëMSfô&£7IÖ5”R·¡Û—[öI/Û‚þ¤¹¼pÚ¹öz´óBÏõHÛšÞ4õi;}ðè»ÝG¯ ‰ugw,=
    ò}{y䪤cïý¦Ú»€[ÿl½¹}¹uÕ
    :Ä—»{kñ'¸kg¹‡h:£´˜·/’{üT7v½hGú¨âÓøÀ‹]ìý3T
    ðºpâxà„ú稊=Ü2ø(…
    'O2±)˧¬\Ò»º–»6ÏöŽÑ6rM3çã©Ë^z›ü¨ù˜®Ö”•
    oMÚÀèh¢PZÞl‡yÂë,ÙäIÓq£*¯@du>úN8båÉtS™ôö^`Kñ£¤…Ež“ê
    Â…¯?Ú|Eœ'y²Ð“K£Û¤HYQŒáÍÄ{¥}»Ô Ë£¼"yžh[ÌHd2Uα³vШÆuçËÎð1[ü°°+R§ß5]Ø'Øœ
    ö¡þ([£(¤¤A{cÊÖ¬\ãç+OºXI<+°‚m–Ð
    œ¬®SÝ1ÄQËù¡LuÃnðŸ
    ¨¿öGÅqŒû©€»šâb/ò‚ ›?l ûn8p„ù0"Vd»3ðPàb7ƒ8¬rÈ¸üW`Ò}ϵºg©Ës4dÍz=§^ýfƒµçÁQýÞƒƒ"|€ØÿW(<Dˆ]¯ñ9þ<åÝ\éb¡Õ1YÏÝçyûDoéë$-Z—Ÿ²Zuå³ÙF²6€Óª|´Ò˶¢¥gK¦ëTñÚï;Z’íÜë&R¿n_Ü m%ÙüoS‘ÝK⶚ýߤ]&í,ã3üÖ`Ǫ½†påÜsÔ{Çòh2-)Íìï':8¼+LRž|c̾£R¿þÒáËŸÿ…תF

8. Super_Happy_Alien Apprentice Engineer

I looks like you opened with some how with unitext ???

You should just right click the file *Sandbox.sbc* and open with notepad

you should see this...

<GameMode>Survival</GameMode>
    <InventorySizeMultiplier>10</InventorySizeMultiplier>
    <AssemblerSpeedMultiplier>9</AssemblerSpeedMultiplier>
    <AssemblerEfficiencyMultiplier>9</AssemblerEfficiencyMultiplier>
    <RefinerySpeedMultiplier>9</RefinerySpeedMultiplier>
    <OnlineMode>PUBLIC</OnlineMode>
    <MaxPlayers>8</MaxPlayers>
    <MaxFloatingObjects>16</MaxFloatingObjects>
    <EnvironmentHostility>SAFE</EnvironmentHostility>
    <AutoHealing>true</AutoHealing>
    <EnableCopyPaste>false</EnableCopyPaste>
    <WeaponsEnabled>true</WeaponsEnabled>
    <ShowPlayerNamesOnHud>true</ShowPlayerNamesOnHud>
    <ThrusterDamage>true</ThrusterDamage>
    *****<CargoShipsEnabled>false</CargoShipsEnabled>*******
    <EnableSpectator>false</EnableSpectator>
    <RemoveTrash>false</RemoveTrash>
    <WorldSizeKm>0</WorldSizeKm>
    <RespawnShipDelete>false</RespawnShipDelete>
    <ResetOwnership>false</ResetOwnership>
    <WelderSpeedMultiplier>7</WelderSpeedMultiplier>
    <GrinderSpeedMultiplier>7</GrinderSpeedMultiplier>
    <RealisticSound>false</RealisticSound>
    <HackSpeedMultiplier>0.39</HackSpeedMultiplier>
    <PermanentDeath>false</PermanentDeath>
    <AutoSaveInMinutes>5</AutoSaveInMinutes>
    <SpawnShipTimeMultiplier>0</SpawnShipTimeMultiplier>
    <ProceduralDensity>0.25</ProceduralDensity>
    <ProceduralSeed>1912398745</ProceduralSeed>
    <DestructibleBlocks>true</DestructibleBlocks>
    <EnableIngameScripts>true</EnableIngameScripts>
    <ViewDistance>15000</ViewDistance>
    <FloraDensity>20</FloraDensity>
    <VoxelGeneratorVersion>2</VoxelGeneratorVersion>
    <EnableOxygen>true</EnableOxygen>
    <Enable3rdPersonView>true</Enable3rdPersonView>
    <EnableEncounters>true</EnableEncounters>
    <EnableFlora>false</EnableFlora>
    <EnableStationVoxelSupport>false</EnableStationVoxelSupport>
    <EnableSunRotation>true</EnableSunRotation>
    <DisableRespawnShips>false</DisableRespawnShips>
    <ScenarioEditMode>false</ScenarioEditMode>
    <Battle>false</Battle>
    <Scenario>false</Scenario>
    <CanJoinRunning>false</CanJoinRunning>
    <PhysicsIterations>4</PhysicsIterations>
    <SunRotationIntervalMinutes>120</SunRotationIntervalMinutes>
    <EnableJetpack>true</EnableJetpack>
    <SpawnWithTools>true</SpawnWithTools>
    <StartInRespawnScreen>false</StartInRespawnScreen>
    <EnableVoxelDestruction>false</EnableVoxelDestruction>
    <Ma:Drones>5</Ma:Drones>
    <EnableDrones>true</EnableDrones>

** is the line you need to change from false to true.

9. Wizlawz Master Engineer

yep jest went back to be sure and i didn't see any text option,.... that is what it gave me by default(?)

windows 10 maybe?.... i h8 windows 10

maybe i just copy yours in?

10. Clunas Junior Engineer

Download Notepad++. It is free and should help you edit files like that easily

11. Wizlawz Master Engineer

also in my save folder from %appdata% there is no sandbox.sbc folder only a folder with a bunch of numbers and then all the saves are in that with that sandbox.sbc folder(s)

the prefabs .sbc open just fine without all that "mumbo jumbo"

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  12. Wizlawz Master Engineer

dang can't copy and paste it.... nvm did paste it, let's see what happens........ got a corrupted world message

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  13. Clunas Junior Engineer

Missed that. Just to recap, right-clicking and opening with notepad or notepad++ results in that garbage from earlier?

(when in Notepad++ and some scrolling) It should look like this:
    [​IMG]

Not sure what would be causing it to freak out.. Possibly a language setting somewhere? Just guessing here. Hope someone has a solution for you

14. Super_Happy_Alien Apprentice Engineer

Urrr i did not Past everything you needed as it will not work that way was i just pasted the area on the file you needed to edit. i hoped you backed up

are you windows 10 ?

in your save folder the is a folder with numbers for a name that should be your steam id i think but yes you go in to that folder and your should see every map your made you go in the the name of the world you made and that should be the folder name.

15. Wizlawz Master Engineer

nope doesn't look like that at all, just that garbage stuff....... where would this language setting be? because i never used to have this issue.

ye windows 10, tried going back to 8.1 but reverted back to windows 10 ...... for some reason, i may just do a factory reset

16. Clunas Junior Engineer

Don't know, just grasping at straws at this point :/

Windows 10 itself works, that's what I opened it with. However, if you did the free upgrade to windows 10, there are some bugs associated with that process. You might need to reinstall your OS if that is the case. Have you had trouble connecting to wireless networks?

17. HurricaneGirl Apprentice Engineer

18. Wizlawz Master Engineer

ye can't connect to ipads etc, ye got the free upgrade, gonna go back to factory settings i think

how did you get there, i don't understand, and what "language" do i change it to?

19. Clunas Junior Engineer

Had to do this for my parent's laptop as they couldn't connect to wireless networks after the upgrade from 8.1. This walkthrough should be adequate. Be sure to backup everything that you want to keep as it will wipe everything.

TL;DR for the link: Settings>Update and Security>Recovery>Reset this PC>Remove Everything

After doing that, my folks had no trouble connecting. It would seem that the upgrade process junked up a few system files.

20. Wizlawz Master Engineer

what language do i change it to in notepad++?

21. Rico Junior Engineer

After searching for a solution for the "Clients cant save bug thing" i found this.
    I dont know if you still have this problem, but the problem with the sbc file isnt language related.

Its simple compressed. So uncheck the box under gamesettings who says "compress savegames" and resave the world. This should work.

BTT: Anyone have found a solution to enable the save for clients over the sbc file ?

22. Wizlawz Master Engineer

ok i will see and try that, also i went through every single language in notepad++ and not one of them could i read they ALL had that "symbol language" / "programming language(?)"

no i don't think the compress save games is it, the worlds that show error message and in advance settings cargo ships are checked, greyed out but checked.

23. Cassius Faux Apprentice Engineer

If you have Compress Saved Games on, then you wont be able to read it properly, Just found that out myself while trying to do this. Turned it off and now I can open the .sbc file just fine

24. Wizlawz Master Engineer

hmmmm...ok....thought i did turn off compressed , i will check again to be sure, thx for the info

yep, it's off...and i must have done something wrong as there is no sandbox.sbc folder in my saves just a folder with a bunch of numbers with all my saves inside....

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  25. rexxar Senior Engineer

You're looking at your singleplayer save directory then. Dedicated server saves are located in C:\ProgramData\SpaceEngineersDedicated\<server instance>\Saves
    Or C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated\<server instance>\Saves if you're launching the server as local/console (which I really do not recommend)

26. Wizlawz Master Engineer

ye , wanted to enable them in my Single Player, some read just fine while others have those crazy symbols in my SP.

i don't have a server yet, got another pc that could work as a dedicated, but i think it is way below specs

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.