Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Changing Ownership of an Entire Grid

Discussion in 'General' started by Spaceman Spiff, Jun 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

--- Automerge ---
    And now I’ve managed to entirely delete the thread. You’re a genius, Gump!

2. Roxette Senior Engineer

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

Don't know if this was answered or not, but ctrl + A works in the terminal to select all items, you can then just use this group to transfer all wherever you want (just make sure to turn on hidden items, or you won't select them)

4. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Yeah, I did all that, but it didn’t work. The paragraph that I’d inadvertently deleted said that I’d built a large-grid facility and added spawning antennas for pirate drones, but I didn’t want the drones to attack the facility itself. I left the antennas turned off until a sensor picks up the player’s presence, then the sensor triggers a sequence of events that end up with drones being spawned to attack the player. However, even selecting everything in the control list and changing everything to “Nobody” didn’t stop the drones from attacking other components such as conveyor tubes and connectors. I guess the question is whether it’s possible to change every block in a grid to another owner.

5. Calaban Junior Engineer

How about this:

Leave the whole grid "SPRT" owned, but have the certain elements "useable by all" so the "enemies" can walk around in it ...."safely"

At that point the only thing showing it as hostile would be the antennas. and the turrets, which can be turned off. PLus the handy "access denied" keeps certain things off limits.

So a Non-hostile hostile base... with.. moments.

6. Roxette Senior Engineer

Yes you can do that easily enough with SEToolbox or a text editor... For what you're trying to achieve, one option that is worth trying is creating an additional NPC faction, having that the owner of the rest of the grid, and setting that faction as allied/friendly with the pirate faction. It /should/ work, if there's nothing too tricky about the pirate faction. Certainly worth a try.

7. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

That’s certainly worth a try, too. I’ll let you know what does and doesn’t work. The drone swarm isn’t necessary to carry out this survival scenario, so I can always ditch the spawner antennas. I added them for some additional depth to the challenge.

8. ViroMan Senior Engineer

I thought you could NOT make one fraction friendly to another. That was why the mods that have trading stations cannot put turrets on the bases if they are not player owned.

9. Roxette Senior Engineer

I suspect that's a limitation of what can be done by a conventional script mod. I tested this and it does work as I suspected, hand editing the sbc file like:

<MyObjectBuilder_FactionRelation>
    <FactionId1>284909528200953604</FactionId1> <- player faction
    <FactionId2>248068494941737923</FactionId2> <- pirate faction
    <Relation>Neutral</Relation> <- changed from "Enemies"
    </MyObjectBuilder_FactionRelation>

Resulted in friendly pirates on a test easy start world.. It still spawned drones, but they did not open fire.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Interesting. I'll try that.

11. Calaban Junior Engineer

If I recall one time reading through some C# I dont really understand- there is some kind of code "IsHacked" condition check- I believe thats how the Dromedary ship goes hostile if its ever.. you know- grinder/hacked

12. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

If you hand edit the .sbc file it's even possible for a player to take over the pirate faction. I've done it on a server before.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.