Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Character customization?

Discussion in 'General' started by Vodostar, Mar 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Vodostar Trainee Engineer

I just picked up ME today. To my surprise, I like it better than SE. But I was also surprised that I have a female character. Nothing wrong with women, but it's not me. How do I customize the character?

2. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Why surprised on a female character, since SE has one as well?

Plus ME had the female character first then was brought over to SE. Just a bit o trivia for ya. ;)

3. Vodostar Trainee Engineer

In SE I found in game character customization before I noticed what my character looked like. Well, it's medieval... do I have to find a witch to change me?

4. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

It has been a while since I did a change in ME I think you do it at a wardrobe.... dont quote me on that. :p

5. Vodostar Trainee Engineer

Oh, that makes sense. I don't think I can build that yet. Thanks.

6. J-Cataclism Apprentice Engineer

That´s right!
    As soon as you´ve developed your building tree, you can build a wardrobe and customize your character in front of it.

7. Tenzo Apprentice Engineer

It's random.

When you first start a new world, whether your character loads as a male or female engineer is up to chance. You can just start a new world until you get the gender you want. That's what I do.

If you want to change it, you have to get to the wardrobe which is like the medical bay in SE. Then you can change the color of your engineer and choose the gender you want. It's kind of weird, but... at least you can change it anytime, later on. I'm not sure when you get the wardrobe, but you have to do some unlocking of features and blocks. Probably in the Civil Engineering branch. (Hit K, brings up the list of stuff you can research.)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Vodostar Trainee Engineer

I discovered there's a wardrobe in the guildhall where I started and, yes, it allowed me to customize.

9. Gold Dragon Trainee Engineer

All Safe Starts to date have a Wardrobe. unfortunately, Safe Starts are incompatible with World Mods (Such as the Water Mod). Still, the Wardrobe doesn't take very long to research.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.