Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Character dies when exiting cockpit

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Veritech, May 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Veritech Trainee Engineer

This doesn't happen every time I step out of a cockpit, but some times I'll enter a cockpit (Any cockpit doesn't matter which type as far as I can tell so far), do what I need to do, and the instant I exit the cockpit I 'll die. No gradual reduction of health or anything, just instant death. I know its not the "character bumping the ship and it moves while jet-packing" bug, cause this will happen with cockpits on stations also, which do not move.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Phand Master Engineer

Hi,

I will check it out. Thank you for report.

3. sugar.fiend Trainee Engineer

I am seeing the same problem. Exit a station control panel and sometimes my character just dies. My characters body moves at a very large speed away from the cockpit or control panel.

4. Farindark Apprentice Engineer

Greetings

This can happen even using just the simple chair. I've noticed it seems to happen at certain angles when getting in, when you get out the game puts you back in the same spot and you die. I sneakily suspect its the funky rag doll again. Your limbs clipping the edge of blocks, as at least for me when this happens my body spins off at speed.

Here are two pics of the rag doll bug causing death when exiting a cockpit. i was standing to the right and behind the control chair of this ship (the default ship in scenario 1) upon exiting the chair I clipped into the window with this resultant death. I have died at least 15 times (in about 6 hrs) on this map today, from cockpits, in door ways with jet pack, from chairs, not fun! :eek:ops:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=439602130

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=439602019

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  5. kittle Senior Engineer

Ive seen this many times from both small and large ships. Seems to happen more often after exiting a cryo chamber. but I can go in/out of the same ship cockpit 10-15 times without problem, and suddenly im dead.

This also started happening in creative... since you cant die, my spaceman is shot across space at ever increasing speed and cannot stop. Hilarious at first, but the only way to stop is to quit and start over, so it gets annoying really fast.

6. WardenWolf Junior Engineer

7. Braethias Apprentice Engineer

I believe it happens when the legs kill you via impact. It happens to me fairly often when I get out of the cockpit at specific angles, where my legs would collide with the cockpit on exiting.

8. Tony Hughes Junior Engineer

Yep, I've just had this too. Only happened once, during an hours worth of gaming.

9. Luculus Trainee Engineer

It happens to me about 1/6 times exiting a cockpit or flight seat.

I just can't see a way round it and it seems to be linked with the new ragdolls. Maybe their legs going mental (as they do) clips into an object and kills you instantly? I guess this as, before the arms going mental fix, you could flail your arms into your personal grinder and injure yourself just by moving around whilst grinding.

10. Lithorn Trainee Engineer

I am experiencing this as a once in random amounts. I am on build 2015-05-08-11:09. I can kill myself by entering/exiting a chair cockpit really fast over and over in a short time. Most times it ejects me beside the chair which is fine, but sometimes when Im ejected it pushes my character into death speeds into a wall and kills me.

11. torgo Apprentice Engineer

I've experienced this from passenger seats, cockpits, control stations, and just now, turning on my jetpack just a smidge too early while going through a door. I hadn't cleared the door and must have bumped my head pretty hard.

12. latdheretic Trainee Engineer

I've had this happen 3 times while playing in survival tonight. It was early in game and I only had the platform, my small mining ship, and an in progress mining base ship. I only ever died getting out from recharging my oxygen & power in the mining ship. The ship was not moving on any of the instances. Due to the stage of the game, I would not know if it was an issue on other cockpit types. I only had it on the original small cockpit.

I suspect Luculus has the right of it. My experience supports his observations. I started having the issue with the new ragdolls, and the safe to death exits from the cockpit followed his one death in six observation.

13. KissSh0t Master Engineer

This has happened to me a lot today... also when turning on jetpack.... when doing nothing more than walking on a ship that was not moving.

14. Rommie Trainee Engineer

15. GHOST 2 Trainee Engineer

same here i had to try blueprinting a ship i created while flying uncontrollably after getting out of flight seat that was hard but i did it but still annoying considering i have to quit and reload every time it happens

16. torgo Apprentice Engineer

Today I've been testing out entering and exiting cockpits with the jetpack off.

I have yet to die when the jetpack was not turned on when I entered the cockpit. I'll approach it, turn the jetpack off, enter the cockpit, exit, then turn the jetpack on. 0 deaths in nearly 3 dozen tries.

I've tested it in small ship cockpits, control stations and consoles. No deaths upon exiting. However, I have taken a couple being outside the ship then turning on the jetpack after exiting.

Last edited: May 10, 2015
  17. Phand Master Engineer

Hi,

this could be fixed in next update (first attempt :)). So please let me know if it helped or not and I will pass the word on. Thank you.

18. Sombreigne Trainee Engineer

Same bug, I go out from my cockpit I die without any reason and my body fly miles away. It append often, at least one time per hour.
    Best example : I entered in the cockpit of a new ship, I have forget to fuel the reactor and I died. No welder, no movements (fixed to the ground), no thrusters.

@Phand : see your message, I hope it will be the good attempt. :)

19. Sombreigne Trainee Engineer

Double post for update : after the last patch of Thursday 2015.05.14, the problem is still here, but this time my body doesn't flied far away.

20. BrainWeasel Trainee Engineer

Still happens for me as of Friday's hotfix. I still get flung too, although I have fortunately finished the canopy over my flight seat so the windows catch my body.

21. GHOST 2 Trainee Engineer

im also getting it too not as bad just happened today for first time since last update

22. LHammonds Apprentice Engineer

I've had this happen to me twice today and others on my server report it happening to them multiple times. It seems random and hard to reproduce on-demand.

Version 01.082.006

Server = Dedicated Server on Win2003, 32-bit
    Client = Win7 SP1, 64-bit
    Game mode: Survival

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  23. Steelwind Trainee Engineer

I have had this happen 3x to me today. All in Survival mode. 2x was in Flight seat, 1x from small cockpit. version 1_802_006 Windows 64 bit

24. Beezilbub Apprentice Engineer

Still happening. Happens usually once or twice each game session. Thing that is most annoying about it is that my body gets shot out into the void and I can't find the damn thing to collect the stuff I just lost.

25. breakthrough Trainee Engineer

If I wait a few seconds with dampers on until the velocity totally zeroes out before entering it seems I will not die when exiting. I say seems because I might just have been lucky since I starting doing that.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Axios Trainee Engineer

Still happen in 1.83 if ship is still moving.

27. Jas Apprentice Engineer

this is the most annoyng and damned bug cuz i really cant understand in wich conditions it happens!!! i did many tests but it seems happens apparently randomly, when i exit a cockpit or a seat sometimes my character instadeath and is ejected; i experiencied this whit thee stock respawn yellow ship not moving, from the default cockpit or from a new seat i istalled, btw ir seems to happen more is the seat/cockpit is near other blocks, but not sure, cuz now it happens not every time but 1/10 times i exit cockpit/seat or less, btw is a very annoying bug!
    (the only way to "manually fix" it when i die and cant go loot my body is to duplicate the items i was carrying whit setoolbox, for example i was carryng items, ore, bottles etc ...)
    Plese fix it!!!

28. Cassey Apprentice Engineer

Just a bump... still happening at 1.083_009

29. DS_Marine Apprentice Engineer

Happened to me today, 3 times in a 1:30 hour play session.

30. Arcturus Senior Engineer

Noticed something odd after this happened to me - I couldn't push the floating corpse ragdoll (in zero gravity) faster than 6 m/s or so.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.