Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Colonial or frontier engineers

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by tmike, May 16, 2017.

1. tmike

One thing I was thinking about look at how empty the world of midevial engineers tends to be (and yes I know on servers there are people building stuff, and if you chouse midievel earth theres ruins.) But I was thinking that it would be an interesting mod for midievel, or even a stand alone game, set roughly between 1500 to about 1750 or so. What do you guys think would any one else be interested? or would it be to nech even for us?

2. Nacon

Um... how about waiting some more till they finish Medieval Engineers?

Because there's no point for them to go recreate another same game because you got tired of waiting for the features you wanted.
    Seriously... have some patient. A lot of good games take 4-7 years to complete. SE started in 2013 and ME in 2015.

Game development isn't magic that can be cast by snapping a finger.

3. tmike

True and I would be happy if some one made a mod to do it, I know with Daydot's mods its posable to add Voxels and ores. and I know in Space its posable to add weapons , I just dont know how deffrent a black poweder muzzel loading flint lock would be to add, and I woundt even want to do the realoading anamation. cannons could probly be added, or rather cannon parts, I just dont know if enough of the assets would be deffrent enough to to justify a full stand alone game, It really makes me wish I had the skills to mod it in, as most of the assents would be that deffrent. Though most of us would want to be able to make a log caban too. so a short list of things I think would be needed. (and I would probly use Daydots mod as a requred mod) We would need to Reskin the barbarions so they make since in the new setting, (probly as some sort of natives or bandets or both) log caben block, gunpowder (and the Saltpetter, saulfer and coal or charcol to make it out of) Fire arms, (could be one but I think I would like to see a match lock, a flint lock musket, and a flint lock rifle maybe a pistol to) I reskine of the sword. Thats all I can think of right now if any one else can think of more feel free to ad thme.

4. SaturaxCZ

If you want do mods for game.... nothink agains it, but KEEN have to focus on orginal game first.

I can think on few mods you can easy do with current ME game. It dont fit in your years 1500-1750, but what about WWI engineers ? :D put in game rifles, mg, cannons, explosives and you have perfect WWI simulator with terrain you can shape with cannons shells and build trench/bunkers with shovel/hammer, wood/stones and dig tunnels under enemy trench:tu:.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2017 at 15:50
  5. tmike

vary true, I just have no clue how to mod lol, And well I tend to mix up like 6 codeing languges when every I try a code any thing starting with basic (which I played with when I was 6 on a C64......

and Why do I have subations price of a mile playing in my head now