Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Colour profiles

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by blizzerd, Feb 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. blizzerd Apprentice Engineer

Basically a way to colour ships by colouring by profiles that have "all thrusters red, all heavy armour green, all light armour blue" or something.

very few times would you use this alone to colour ships, but it can be extremely handy to find a good colour pallette and then finish the ship colouring manually

also for creating uniform ship colouring in the same "breeds" of ship

2. Killacyte Senior Engineer

3. Wintersend Senior Engineer

+1

A friend and I have been working on building a fleet of ships and we have some colors and patterns that are just a pain to do. Like the specific heavy red we use that depending on how the light catches it is either almost black or blood red. I can never remember the exact combination for that so I keep needing to use the eyedropper.

4. Killacyte Senior Engineer

I have literally written my color values down on a sticky pad.

5. DJ_BAIZIL Apprentice Engineer

It may be dumb to just write "+1" without explaining, but...
    +1

6. bladedpenguin Apprentice Engineer

Sounds like a good candidate for a programmable block. I think though that I would like to be able to pick the color of the block i'm looking at.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2015
  7. blizzerd Apprentice Engineer

I dont really know, but do i need to bump this until something happens or?

8. foodflare Trainee Engineer

I have been hoping they would add something of this variety for a while.

bladedpenguin, have you tried shift + p?

9. Hatchie Apprentice Engineer

10. kristakis Junior Engineer

Eventually when Keen gets "real" forum software there'll be options for hitting Like on a post. For now we can bump it with a +1 and select a star rating, though we know how useful star ratings are:

[​IMG]

As an example Xenforo lets you setup multiple flags on posts so you could have say like, dislike, agree, disagree and funny and we'd be able to ping that and move on without having to clog up the thread with +1 posts. Forum mods could run filters to see which threads have the most likes and forward them to devs. Mods could also see the threads covered in dislikes and see at a glance when stuff's getting close to Godwin's.

Of course not everyone can handle that many flags, but it's fun while it lasts.

As for the OP...

+1

:D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2015
  11. Killacyte Senior Engineer

How can a programmable block set a block's color? We're not talking about lights. Even if there was a SetBlockColor(x) function, it would be cheaty and immersion breaking.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.