Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Console Edition???

Discussion in 'General' started by michael christoph, Jul 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. michael christoph Trainee Engineer

Anyone have any news on Space Engineers coming out on console?

2. KissSh0t Master Engineer

3. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

You literally posted another thread that's still on the first page about the console edition....

Have some patience, I'm sure it'll be a big event type shindig when it even gets a release date...

4. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

The search function... trust the search function, Luke.

They're not going to begin any real development on the console version until the PC version is finalized. There are quite a few big hurdles to clear to make a game that requires a full keyboard and a mouse into something that can be driven by two fingers and two thumbs... and work on machines with much lower capabilities (aka potatoes).

5. Omnifarious Trainee Engineer

Considering they announced it like 4 or 5 years ago, now, and haven't made a single peep beyond "we're working on it." I don't expect to see it for quite some time yet. At least a year or two post full 1.0 PC launch.

6. Roxette Senior Engineer

At this stage I would guess it's more likely to be a thing for SE2™

7. Dax23333 Junior Engineer

I can see there being a new (more powerful) xbox by the time they finish it to be honest. I would not be surprised if it gets put on that instead.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.