Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Content Update 1.191.107 is Live!

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Blitzzz333, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Blitzzz333 Keen PR Guy Staff

Hello, Engineers!

Content Update 1.191.107 is live!

Changes:
    -Added Aviator skin $1.99 (USD)

-Decreased price of Fiber and NextGen skins to $1.99 (USD)

You can purchase these skins here:

***We're also planning more public tests for the upcoming Economy (major) update. More information on this major update will be released soon.***

Thanks for reading!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  2. BradBurr Trainee Engineer

First!
    Also does this fix issues with piston extending doors sideways

3. captainbladej52 Apprentice Engineer

I have but one gripe with the skins. It's a pain in the rear to send them to friends. Otherwise i like what I see. $2 is pretty great for this skin.

4. gordon861 Apprentice Engineer

More frigging paid DLC!

• Late Late x 2
  5. captainbladej52 Apprentice Engineer

Dude it's a $2 OPTIONAL skin purchase. You don't have to buy it if you don't want it. For those like myself who have the $2 and don't mind supporting the game, this is available. Seriously dude you're overthinking it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. KiTarn Trainee Engineer

You all need to check on steam. You say it's just $1.99 per suit skin but the item page on steam prices them at $2.02 which is annoying as the Steam wallet only loads at a minimum of $5...

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  7. Aramid Trainee Engineer

Feature ? Bugfix ? Something ?
    No ? Just a new skin/retexture ?

8. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

So, adding a skin counts as an update now? Did any code get changed? What works better now? What should not be causing a crash now?

9. Cetric Junior Engineer

I don't think it's only an optional space suit (skin). I had 44 MB download, without buying, so there is definitely more.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Blitzzz333 Keen PR Guy Staff

We're still releasing free major updates (like the upcoming Economy update). Additionally, all of our optional DLC is cosmetic i.e. designed to not split our playerbase. :)

11. Aramid Trainee Engineer

That's not the PROBLEM.
    Peoples start to question what you're doing because you just literally made an Update without any BUGFIX.

What next ? Major Update are gonna be 30% new feature and 70% new DLC/skins ?

I'm suspicious of each of your updates, and so far, you've proven me right with your DLCs and skins.
    Do you realize the effect this kind of update has on the public when many people are wondering about your potential greediness ?

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  12. Sarekh Senior Engineer

Nah, you still will have do download the skin so that it can be displayed for you if other players use that skin :)

13. captainbladej52 Apprentice Engineer

So much salt, overreaction, and overthinking in one post over a $2 optional purchase that has ZERO effect on your ability to play the game.

First in regards to bug fixing, it's not as simple as flipping switches as much as we all wish it was. A single one or zero out of place in the code can bring the entire thing crashing down. Fixing bugs properly often takes time, especially depending on the severity of break. If you want it done right then you need to be patient and let them do it right. otherwise if they release a half baked fix it'll do more harm than good. Then you're looking at another 5 or 6 patches to fix the stuff that broke instead of having just let them get it right to start with.

SE is not the only game to ever release an update like this and they certainly won't be the last. Simply because one update is released that doesn't appear to have major fixes in it does NOT mean that fixes have stopped or will never come. I would rather Keen, or any studio for that matter, release stuff when it's ready vs pulling an EA and shoving stuff out before it's ready then wondering why their product did bad.

Finally, you seem to have forgotten that those updates we all get for free cost money to produce. Keen is a business with overhead and employees. It costs time for those employees to produce the updates, which in turn means they have to be paid for said time, which means money. This isn't counting other bills and expenses the company has or may have. In order to keep supporting the game they have to guarantee the cash is there to do it. No company is going to just throw away their cash and if they're going to throw money at something they're going to want to know they can recoup that cash. To guarantee the cash is there we have OPTIONAL cosmetic DLC purchases. These DLC purchases are NOT and I repeat are NOT required for you to be able to play the game. No one is going to hold a gun to your head and tell you that you have to purchase them or they're going to shoot you. The DLCs have literally zero effect on your ability to play the game and will not make or break you. Even the semi-functional decorative blocks in the Decorative pack aren't required, and several of those actually do have functionality beyond just their looks. The resources of business aren't infinite as much as everyone may wish they are. These DLCs help cover the cost to keep supporting the game. For folks like myself who don't mind dropping a few bucks to keep supporting the game, these packs and skins are a nice little thing we can pick up. For those that don't want to purchase the packs you don't have to. It's purely cosmetic.

As the last thing in regards to cost, the most expensive DLC we have right now is the Style DLC at $6. You're getting 2 armor skins, 2 character skins, and 8 emotes. For $6 compared to other games out there, that's a steal. Then for the Decorative pack you're getting roughly 13 new blocks for all of $4. If this was SWTOR you would be looking at at least $15-$30+ for each of those skins and blocks. So well into the hundreds of dollars. Personally I don't see how they're making money off these DLCs as cheap as they are but apparently they are. It never ceases to amaze me that people will complain about optional cosmetic purchases.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

I buy paid DLC so you can get updates to your free content. No I don't really want the skins but I do want to support the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Calaban Junior Engineer

Oh.. I JUST got it- feature video showing new skin in a moonlander video- on 50th anniversary of Moonlander Day.

Remind me- what day is "reveal roadmap schedule" day? :clang:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. domingo Trainee Engineer

By the way, it would be really nice if the tool skins would be fixed.

Because if you don't carry the tool, it's skin might revert to default ... and that can happen on realistic inventory a lot, because they take a good percentage of inventory space.
    https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/general/topic/tool-skin-selection-lost
    https://support.keenswh.com/spaceen...-default-after-entering-and-leaving-a-cockpit

Or fix it implicitly by merging the tools with engineer's suit ...
    https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/general/topic/tool-integration-into-suit

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Cetric Junior Engineer

I notice two things lately, if they are result of the latest update or not I can't say:
    - instead of freezes (like in the past, sometimes), the game now gives me sometimes hickkups in form of very short white screens and then returns to normal. That is great. I mean, it's much better than the game getting frozen and needing a restart. Someone did a great job concerning stability therefor. Congratulations.
    - strange shadow and light projections. My character seems to cast a gigantic shadow which does not resemble an astronaut body at all, more like he would be a square ship or something. Also inside halls etc I see impossible shadows and wandering (with my movements) lighted areas which have no physical plausibility. At least I don't see their causes.

Nothing game-breaking for me. The first observation is definitely a good one and the second one I can ignore somehow. Just as feedback to whomever it may concern.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@Cetric have you checked the game settings to make sure it didn't reset itself to low settings?

If it hasn't reset itself maybe try an update to your graphics driver.
    I haven't seen this as of yet on my side, then again I hadn't had much time to really play either. :(

19. Cetric Junior Engineer

Game settings are unchanged at "high" quality.
    I will experiment a bit with unchecking post-processing and ambient occlusion. If that does not change anything, I try switching off mods which deal with shadow and darkness, such things...

EDIT: post-processing and ambient occlusion unchecked, same phenomenon. I did a little video, just turning around with my character standing on some platform and the "shadow projections" following... let's see if I can upload this thing somewhere...

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  20. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

The only reason I mentioned about settings being reset is, I noticed some settings of mine were changed going back to the regular game after the play test. :)

21. Cetric Junior Engineer

It was the mod "Space just got real". They also have comments lately which remind of my description. Will keep it off until they do an update (mod authors, not KEEN Church of Engineers).