Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Control Position of Sun

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help' started by Spaceman Spiff, Nov 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Spaceman Spiff Junior Engineer

I would like to do planetary builds from different locations on a planet (because of unique planetary features found at different locations), but I don't want the sun's movement to interfere with the building process. Is there a way to position the sun over my current location?

2. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

What you can do is set the day length to unlimited, and use admin tools to move the sun where you need it. There is no way to have the sun auto-follow you afaik.

3. Spaceman Spiff Junior Engineer

Thanks for the suggestion. I wasn't actually looking for the sun to follow me. Rather, I would like the sun to be positioned overhead and not move at all (i.e., sun rotation "off").

4. mojomann71 Junior Engineer

You could try like @Burstar said then after you have the sun where you want it, exit out and set sun rotation to off and see if it holds in place. If it does and time for you to move on repeat the steps...would be a pain to have to keep exit and reloading.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.