Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Conveyors

Discussion in 'General' started by Spaceballs, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Spaceballs Trainee Engineer

I'm sitting here staring at the frame for my mining command ship I just started, wondering how the conveyor system will work. The main question I'm left asking is will conveyors be one way or two way. That's all I want to know lol, because this will largely affect how I design my ships. I've been holding off on BIG builds because of conveyors.

I really hope they implement Item Hoppers for mined ore, or maybe let ore nuggets that touch conveyor blocks enter the conveyor. Can't wait til refineries, assemblers, cargo containers and conveyors connecting it all are implemented. It would help cure the lag from nuggets.

2. Skeloton Master Engineer

I think its safe to assume theyd be two way, though ive not bothered to see if in/out is written on the sides of them, like the degrees on motors.

3. Spaceballs Trainee Engineer

I'd say Two way too but, I would hate to finish a huge build and then have to tear it apart to accommodate one way conveyors when I built it for two way conveyors. I bet nobody knows but developers

4. redneckpirate Apprentice Engineer

I'd assume two way considering the small cargo container for small ships only has one port for a conveyor.

5. DutchVictim Apprentice Engineer

That's going to be... complicated. If you must connect the conveyor to the only port of the small cargo, you cant acces the container at all. You also can't acces a container via the conveyor, so thats a problem right here. I hope you can put conveyors on the side of the small container, otherwise they would be useless in their current state.

6. Guest

What you forget is that conveyors and cargo containers are supposed to be for stuff that is automatically managed.
    The game won't require you to move ammo from cargo containers to guns -it'll be enough that they're connected. Same thing for fuel, etc.

7. Radma Kanow Apprentice Engineer

I like to think that conveyor are simple pipes. That makes things easier. For now. And as they are not fully implemented I don't bother with them at all.

8. Spaceballs Trainee Engineer

I wasn't going to bother either, but after finishing one build with a full conveyor system, I don't want to do any builds that exclude conveyors now.

I'm just assuming they'll be two way pipes. One way pipes would just be a pain to set up, inefficient and over complicated I think.

9. Fidel Battista Apprentice Engineer

CONVEYORS should CONVEY. What i mean by this is that only conveyors should be able to pass items between cargo containers and blocks needing resources. So, a cargo container connected to a cargo container (or a generator, or a turret) wont do anything unless you manualy transfer cargo between them.

10. Spiritbw Apprentice Engineer

Personally I'm trying not to make any assumptions about how things will work until they are implemented. I admit that with the name these do intrigue me though in just how they are going to work.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.