Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

corrupt map?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Space Wolf, Oct 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Space Wolf Trainee Engineer

I have been playing on the same map since first 5 minutes you could buy the game building a space station, but now it is dead. So I wonder if anyone have the same problem as I am having.

The problem is that I can't remove blocks anymore, If I do the game crash to desktop.
    I can place blocks but not remove them. No problems running around on the map.
    Not sure what to make of this.

Anyone had this problem?

Not sure if the the station is to big. The save is only 40mb.
    Probably not my system specs either have a intel 4770K, NVIDIA 780, 16Gb RAM.

If anyone had this problem and found a way to fix your map or extract structures from it I would love to hear it!
    ( And yes I know this is alpha and that my map probably is lost forever but the game is to good to stop building )

2. smoker93 Apprentice Engineer

Well the fastest solution maybe to start a new world while waiting for fix.

3. Kane Junior Engineer

Please upload the save folder. This way @marek_rosa or one the other devs can see exactly what causes the crash. Since the saves are flat file and can be edited fully you might also be able to fix your issue. I do suggest for next time you backup your folder time to time to prevent this.

4. Sgt Doom Trainee Engineer

What Kane said. Saves in Windows 7 (maybe the same for Vista and 8, not sure) are usually located in C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves

5. Kane Junior Engineer

Yup! %appdata% is a shortcut so you could type all in one line %appdata%\SpaceEngineers\Saves if you wanted too :p

Just simple shortcut in windows haha.

6. Space Wolf Trainee Engineer

Thanks for the answers! I uploaded the save with this post.

I had a few backups but all of them are corrupt. I found it crash when I try to remove blocks from a specific structure, that I built early so it was in all the backups. In this save you spawn right next to it. After the game crash the first time removing any block makes the game crash.

7. marek_rosa Developer Staff

Thanks for the save files. We will look on it and hopefully fix soon.

8. Ondrej.Petrzilka Developer

Hi, it's fixed, in next update it will work :)
    Next update will be in few days

Thank you!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.