Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Credits/Monetary System

Discussion in 'Programming Questions and Suggestions' started by HurricaneGirl, Oct 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. HurricaneGirl Apprentice Engineer

I'm not sure if this would be a script or mod, so forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask. I have little knowledge of the SE programming system but understand the concept.

I would like to implement a credits system on my server, but the ones I've seen thus far are overly complicated.

I would like a simple system that assigns a variable to everyone who joins the server. This variable would be assigned a number (e.g. 2000) at first joining and be stored at every log out for recall upon rejoining. Credits could be transferred between players with a simple chat command(s). There will be no stores or vending machines needed. No need for credit item/models since they're virtual.

Can this be done with script or am I out of my depth?

Thanks!!

2. mexmer Senior Engineer

this can't be done with ingame programming (bp), it need to be modscript, pb doesn't have access to player entities.

3. HurricaneGirl Apprentice Engineer

Thank you. I thought that might be the case.

4. midspace Senior Engineer

5. HurricaneGirl Apprentice Engineer

Very much so! I only need the very basics of that mod though. You guys have taken it so much further!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.