Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Darth Biomech's (rarely updating (not so rarely after all)) modeling thread

Discussion in 'Released and WIP Mods' started by darth_biomech, Jan 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Titus Veridius Trainee Engineer

funny video. Also, in response to a comment in the video, the cannon is just the right size for my ship. So f*ck off with your doubling of size. ^.^

2. darth_biomech Senior Engineer

So. It turns out that coder having serious problems and cannot continue to work with me on Mass Driver for foresable future... That's sad. does anybody willing to take his place, please? We would need to do code from a scratch, tho.

3. soat7ch Junior Engineer

If you could tell me what exactly you need then i can say wether or not i am capable of doing it.

4. darth_biomech Senior Engineer

Well, basically, I need block and ammo to change some of it's parameters depending on if some other blocks attached to it and in what quantity. I have the gun part, the barrel part and the cable with capacitor part. Gun should not work unless capacitor is connected to it directly or via cable (currently I mockuped it with reskinned conveyors), and amount of barrel blocks should affect the damage the gun is making and power consumption of it from capacitors.

5. soat7ch Junior Engineer

I think i have an idea. I'll get in contact with you.

Edit: PM sent in here since i couldn't get a hold of you in steam.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2015
  6. darth_biomech Senior Engineer

By the way, today's is exactly one year since I do mods for SE. Happy anniversary everybody! \^o^/

7. WhiteWeasel Senior Engineer

What was your first mod? I want to see how much you have improved since. :)

8. space leviathan Trainee Engineer

Happy anniversary Darth! Great work!

9. darth_biomech Senior Engineer

You can look it up on the first page) It was the hydroponics thingy. Back then it had slightly worse frame mesh and a lot more worse leaves mesh. Total polycount was 30000 polygons. %) Right now it is something like 8000 polies.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2015
  10. WhiteWeasel Senior Engineer

Oh wow, 30K! That must of been a frame rate killer before you improved it!

11. darth_biomech Senior Engineer

It is more proof of concept, but I glad it worked. Heavy turret.
    [​IMG]

It is still prone to destroy the very ship it is mounted on, because turrets are able to aim at something below horizon. does API grant access to fix that?

12. Sungur Apprentice Engineer

hey

do you plan to create a large "large gate"?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2015
  13. Skeloton Master Engineer

Wouldn't that be a Huge Gate though?

14. Wombats Junior Engineer

Why not mod the capacitor to be a cargo crate, each full of infinite energy particles, mod the cables to be conveyors, and make the transfer / sec rate determine the firing power of the gun? So one capacitor block is able to transfer a given number of energy particles to the gun but 2 is double that and this determines firing power.

15. darth_biomech Senior Engineer

But will that work same way if capacitors stacked in a train-like fashion? Also I'm not sure that limiting the rate of transfer for conveyors is even possible.

Hey, so apparently it IS possible to restrict the turret! Now the main question: how to use this string? 0_o

16. Wombats Junior Engineer

Well; suppose the capacitors are able to store a limited amount of energy particles each. Normally; the gun does not allow energy particles to be transferred to itself. But when firing is initiated, the gun sucks all the available energy particles in through the capacitors and cables. More energy particles = more firing power. The capacitors when supplied with enough power refill their particle reserves over a set interval, determining firing rate.

17. Shabazza Junior Engineer

How to install the "Letters Mod" ?
    I've subscribed in the steam workshop, but it's not showing up in my in-game workshop nor is there a downloadable link.

18. shimonu Apprentice Engineer

Watch this

19. Conradian Moderator

Are you talking about your in-game workshop accessed through your main menu or your mod menu accessed through world settings?

20. Shabazza Junior Engineer

Thanks! Works like a charm.
    I like this mod alot. Being able to write signs and name ships is really cool and should be a vanilla feature.

21. darth_biomech Senior Engineer

Updating turret's shapes a bit...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2015
  22. DragonShadow Apprentice Engineer

23. D45x Trainee Engineer

Very Nice!
    Maybe attach something looking like an aimingdevice (Laser and Camera or so) to the Front slope, as a small outreaching unit?
    Would look fine i think :)

24. KingdomBragg Junior Engineer

Very nice, I'm looking forward to it's release.

25. darth_biomech Senior Engineer

Since recent update introduced zooming in cameras, I quickly made a telescope mod. Guess what's it do.
    [​IMG]
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=387333439

26. radam Senior Engineer

Actually its not better than stock camera as the renderer cuts out at 5km anyway. I have a quick mod that I made wensday before the update that basically shifts the model origin 5km out. Basically renderer is now 5km out so you can see 10km out....

But I havent been able to do any modelling, just functional stuff.

27. darth_biomech Senior Engineer

Have you tried to aim at a target that is 5 km away? On my screen it shows up as a single pixel, if I'm lucky.

28. radam Senior Engineer

Multiple cameras...
    Anyway this is 5.7km from a starter platform extreme render, stock camera max zoom:
    [​IMG]
    And this is with my 5km telescope with max zoom:
    [​IMG]

29. radam Senior Engineer

I know! Thats a feature.

I have some problems using blender modkit and exporting mwm, otherwise I would have some actual models...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2015
  30. darth_biomech Senior Engineer

I released yet another mod. This is the last one of those which I made yet, so for now any progress will depend on API stuff coming with game updates, to bring to life Mass Driver and fix laser turret and aiming issues of this turret. Until I'm suddenly struck with inspiration for another mod, I guess...
    [​IMG]
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=388580965

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.