Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Dedicated Server Provider Recommendations

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Avalon, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Avalon Trainee Engineer

A friend of mine and I attempted to establish a game on a dedicated server a few days before the last major patch. Since then, we've had a ton of issues with it (barbarians, deer, dying but not respawning, etc etc etc) so we decided we were going to roll back to the "last week's build" until things were better sorted.

Well... Our provider apparently doesn't let us do that. And they say there's no way to do that. And yet, it looks like almost all of you dedicated servers are out there having done exactly that. Between that and a few other issues we've been having with their service (server constantly stopping, not refreshing, having to apply an update multiple times before it actually shows as installed, etc), we've mutually agreed to changed providers at the end of the month.

So here's the question: Who all do you guys use / recommend using and what are the general usability / ease of use features that your providers have? (Example, under our current provider, everything basically has to be done via an FTP client. However, when we did a server for Empyrion, the provider we used there had integrated the config file into a user interface so everything could be done on the webpage and then it automatically generated the correct config file... Not saying that there's a similar thing for ME, but that's what I mean by "ease of use feature".)

2. H4RDC0R3 Trainee Engineer

Greetings,

I have a server with GameServers.com and I'm pretty happy - for the most part. The big thing for me is that it seems a bit "old-fashioned" but it's significantly less expensive than anyone else.
    Pretty stable as well, and they have a UI based interface for the MedievalEngineers-Dedicated.cfg (which honestly I never use. I *prefer* FTP and Notepad++ myself :)
    I've used better server hosts, but not many. And the main selling point for me? The customer service was fantastic!

That's my 5 cents worth.
    ~ H

3. caomeoden Trainee Engineer

Which plan i should buy it ?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.