Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Dedicated servers won't correctly auto load saved worlds.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Jostar980, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Jostar980 Trainee Engineer

Hi Jostar980 here.

I am currently hosting 2 AU servers one called Humanities Empire and another called War Zone. Both servers work and run perfectly fine however the host machine does a auto restart every 6 hours and once this has occured the servers then re boot automatically but fail to load the world saves automatically.

The services report they are running however they are not processing any data as task mananger shows a 0% cpu load. If I then stop the servers, manually select the saves and restart they both boot perfectly with no problems first time. The strange thing is the saves are already highlighted in blue which indicates it is selected but it still doesnt auto load and I have to manually click on it again.

This problem has only started in the last two days and I have been running Humanities Empire for around a year now. Also a good thing to note is Humanities Empire has a 50/50 chance of auto loading correctly on first re boot however War Zone seems to require a maunal selection every time but again only for the last 2 days continuing, it has never been like this before.

Some help on how to fix this would be greatly appriciated as I currently have to do this every 6 hours and am not always able to due to being busy. Something I have not tried yet but am considering is to remove the save, re boot then shut down and replace the save to see if it fixes the glitch. If not then perhaps delete the service and re make a identical service loading the original save and config.

Thanks

2. Zhiila Tester Staff

Hi,

How do you do automatic restart of the server?

thanks!

3. Jostar980 Trainee Engineer

The server host itself auto restarts with a timer set in windows task scheduler. The Dedicated server services then auto start with the built in service option to start on windows boot.
    --- Automerge ---
    Here is a link to a log file from one of the servers after a auto restart before we manually started the service.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nvBCBtk6ZRG8rJ9K4n6NoiRZXt7uNlf2/view?usp=sharing
    I am currently working with another server host who contacted me after seeing this post. I have also just tried removing the save files, starting the servers then replaceing the world files again to see if it allows the servers to load the world correctly again. Ill know if that helped with the next reboot in about 5 hours.

4. Jostar980 Trainee Engineer

Ok update to this. I narrowed the problem down to something going on that was stopping the servers from loading correctly on the first boot however not on a second reboot. So I have wrote a simple script to restart both servers 10 minutes after the host boots.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.