Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Deep Roleplay Server | Concept, looking for interest and admins

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by timmyrules56, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. timmyrules56 Trainee Engineer

Greetings engineers!

I'd like to put forward my idea for a roleplay server, if there is a good deal of interest in this concept i'd love to see it flourish in the community.

My idea is this:
    A deep roleplay community that utilises realistic systems, rules/laws, military, companies/organizations etc.
    The basic idea being that almost anything is possible.
    A foundation of rules/laws are set by an admin team, as well as a military and governmental organization, but from there it is all moulded by the players.
    Players can set up companies to produce and sell goods or vehicles etc. Or turn to piracy and raid trade routes or illegally deal resources outside the law.
    While the ordinary 'citizens' do all this, the 'military' can maintain order, fight piracy, and wage wars against rival factions if needed.

The server will be in survival mode, so there will be a heavy reliance on mining and engineering companies.

Everything that happens can have an effect on the entire server's population. For instance, a war breaks out, and the government is forced to raise resource tax on mining companies to maintain the military's ships. This negatively affects mining companies, who may turn to piracy or even rebel to end the war.

While this all sounds rather realistic and perhaps silly, the community should be able to include all forms of roleplay players. This means that players who prefer light roleplay can still be able to enjoy themselves in a deep roleplay setting.

So far this is only a concept, and i'd like to hear from the space engineers community whether they enjoy such a concept.
    To take this concept forward, i would like to form an admin team of at least 3-5 people to make this server possible.
    If you are interested, contact me through PM or add me on steam:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198074076775/

Thank you
    -- Tim

2. Udrakan Apprentice Engineer

Count me in. I hope more people show up.

3. Spartwo Trainee Engineer

Sounds like the project that BradPhusion was planning a year ago, I got really into the game to prepare but it never happened:(

So definitely count me in.

4. timmyrules56 Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  5. Arran Trainee Engineer

Sounds like fun... count me in

6. Aurex Trainee Engineer

I would be extremely interested, but my game hasn't been working for 4 weeks now. Still waiting for a fix :/

7. timmyrules56 Trainee Engineer

UPDATE
    The Admin team has been formed, and planning/preperation has started to get this community up and running.
    We do not have an estimated date yet of when the server will be running, this all depends on how quickly we can finish the preperation.

For those who have an interest in being a part of the community when it opens, feel free to add me on steam and i'll add you to the steam group.
    Thanks
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198074076775/
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SolarFederationSpaceEngineers

8. Alixstotle Trainee Engineer

I'm in, sending an invite now. Keep me posted!

9. Devilsgamer666 Trainee Engineer

All for it, sent the invite. hope to see you in the future

10. Konis Trainee Engineer

Interested as well, sent an invite :)

11. Akumaka Trainee Engineer

I'm down. Put me on the list. :)

12. AedanXaelan Apprentice Engineer

I love this idea and hope it actually gains enough traction to become a reality. Have you considered using some sort of currency mod or would you stick to raw trading?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  13. CriticalReactor Trainee Engineer

Im in as well, i prefer to mine and trade mostly

14. Barrio575 Apprentice Engineer

Our server is pretty much this already! A sound economy mod and all, just need the players to grow it. You can even start with a specialized role by starting in a spawn ship or in a colony lander or drop ship. Possibilities are great.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  15. Konis Trainee Engineer

To be fair your server has like super easy mode on except the inventory running 3-10-10 and the ships you provide remove pretty much any element of survival and gives you way to much for starting and as a side note don't try to hijack someone elses thread by advertising yours :p

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Barrio575 Apprentice Engineer

If you haven't tried it then stfu about it. Hijacking? An informative post is all, this is a thread about an "idea" of a server, not a server thread. Moving on, judgy pants.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Konis Trainee Engineer

I do believe this is an advertisement for a potential upcoming server not merely an idea.

I have logged on to your server before and I just personally didn't like it, doesn't mean it's not for everyone.

/Back on Topic

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. 11noah22 Trainee Engineer

invite sent hope the server goes up soon

19. Sofa Apprentice Engineer

I wanna give MP another whirl, though an idea like this sounds like it'd require a pretty large online population at a given time to function right. I'll have to check it out at some point, though.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.