Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Deer destroyed my cart

Discussion in 'General' started by Tenzo, Feb 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Tenzo Apprentice Engineer

I found my mining cart completely destroyed, with the wheels blown off, complete with axels still attached in pieces all around it, with broken and ripped timbers and missing storage... Then I saw the culprit:

An innocently grazing deer still scuttling about the place. I got a little closer and the bugger mad dashed about the broken cart and moved it a little more to the left.

You guys gave deer that mad sprint and now they have become literal battering rams. It's pretty hilarious. Watch out if you leave carts in the open, they might be completely busted and torn to pieces by rampaging deer.

:D

Best feature about this update. The rampaging deer are awesome.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. TownWitchdoctor Trainee Engineer

When they spawn they actually fall from the sky from quite high up, I dunno what happens if they land on something but maybe that.

3. Tenzo Apprentice Engineer

That could also happen. I saw stuff drop from the sky when I start games, they looked like leaves. I didn't notice they were deer!

But anyway, it couldn't have happened that way because I left the cart to the back of my supply storage deck, and I found it completely torn apart near my mining site. Which was quite a bit ways off where I left it, so the little bugger sprinted into it and dragged it all the way to the dig site. It didn't look like something just dropped on top of it either, the damage was definitely from it being ripped apart by a sprinting deer.

4. Lupinemaxx Trainee Engineer

This is nothing to do with v .7 - I've been battling 'vandal deer' for the past year. The grand solution for my part at least, would be a 3 block barn door. The 2 block doors are a serious bugger to get my carts through. The only other thing that helped was changing the cart build from a open control/steering bar to a closed 'loop' control bar. Deer still spawn and drop in my carts and damage them.....but no where near as bad.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.