Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Default Spawnships need an update.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by joemorin73, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. joemorin73 Junior Engineer

With all the new stuff, it might be nice to see the yellow tub updated. Match it up with what you get in the planetary lander. (Antenna, Ore detector, etc.)

2. Malware Master Engineer

I disagree. They run in completely different starting conditions. I don't want the tub to have to much stuff, that's part of the starting job. You don't need a detector in Space to get started as you do on planets.

3. joemorin73 Junior Engineer

The lack of a detector with roids makes it more tedious than challenging.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thermonuklear Junior Engineer

You need an ore detector on planets? I just land on the nearest flattish area and build a light scout ship to prospect nearby seams. Matter of taste I guess :)

5. Malware Master Engineer

I would say that is a matter of opinion. In my case I find it easy enough to find the required materials to upgrade the tub with a detector anyway, especially if I cannibalize parts I don't need from the ship. In my opinion, finding a solution to that particular problem is part of the game.

6. russo_bolado Junior Engineer

Matter of taste. IMHO the yellow tub is fine as it is now. It does contain the basics to build and upgrade stuff. The ships that do deserve some love are Cargo Ships - most aren't even pressurized - and their last known update was in 1.130, when they were brought back to the game.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Zunkey Trainee Engineer

Although I do feel that they should make it look more damaged

8. joemorin73 Junior Engineer

I suppose it might also be a desire to see the spawns ships refreshed. The only change to them have been O2 generators and Sliding doors.

9. Krougal Senior Engineer

I can see your point, but think about it as a new player. Antenna is a biggie. I was fucking lost constantly (admittedly I still run around saying "Dude, where's my car ship?" all too often). Granted as experienced players it's easy for us to change, but I don't know if it should be based upon us.

Yeah, good luck on that one, remember they made pressurization off the new default...

On a side note, is that when the derelicts got some love too? Found a Cerberus destroyer in a new game and thought "EASY MONEY!" Grinder in hand flew to it...and got wasted by gats. Granted I still took it relatively intact, but I had to at least work for it.

10. russo_bolado Junior Engineer

Pressurization was just an example. Most of them feature no Oxygen/Hydrogen structures (Tank/Generator), and Military Transport still uses Blast Doors with Rotors.

I believe this was due to the fact that Batteries now are built with a small charge. Most Random Encounters were loot pinatas because the players that made them forgot to load ammo/Uranium, and they were spawned as unpowered ghost ships which offered no resistance whatsoever.

Not to mention Random Encounters with ships built using Rotors/Pistons being victim of Clang's Wrath and exploding their vital systems.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.