Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Desolation Hardcore Survival PVP[WarpDrives][Dynamic Events][USEast][AutoRestart][24/7]

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by TheMap, Jun 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. TheMap Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]
    We just did a recent wipe to give everyone a fresh start. Feel free to join the new experience.
    [​IMG]
    http://www.DesolationGaming.net
    Apply for the whitelist here or use the application in this thread.
    http://www.desolationgaming.net/forum/m/10284591/viewthread/13777036-space-engineer-whitelist-app/page/1

Desolation Hardcore Survival 64 man
    Join us on the server list.
    1Gbps(64MB) Desolation Gaming

Plugins:
    Warp Drives
    http://forums.keenswh.com/post/warpdriveplugin-for-seserverextender-6973236

How To Use
    <div style="line-height: 20.799999237060547px; text-align: left; background-color: #f7f7f7;">
    1. Make sure you have at least 2 reactors on the large ship
    2. Make sure you have a passenger seat to sit in during the warp
    3. Rename one of the reactors to "WarpEngine". This name must be exact.
    4. Fuel up the reactor with at least 100kg of fuel
    5. Make sure this reactor is turned off
    6. Get ship up to max speed (>100m/s) and switch off inertial dampeners
    7. Get into the passenger set and open the control panel
    8. Switch on the reactor
    9. WARP!
    10. Reactor will automatically switch back off after the warp is complete
    11. Move back to the cockpit and regain control of the ship

Server Specs
    Intel Xeon E5
    2 SSD RAID
    64 GB DDR3 ECC 1600MHz
    1 Gbit D/U
    Rules and General Information

Keep in mind this is alpha and game breaking bugs, wipes , etc may happen. We will do our best to prevent these.
    We try to give the players as much freedom as possible but we still need to provide a backbone to go from. These rules are always subject to change so keep that in mind.

1. No racism or bigotry of any kind, this goes along with names. This is a bannable offence.

2. Every player is required to rename the ship beacon and place beacons on everything they wish to keep. Anything I mean ANYTHING Large, Small Ships, Space Stations, Parts you are building! Without a beacon on it will be removed during clean up. If you lose something because of this we will not reimburse you. You have been warned.

3. No hacking Exploiting or general asshatery. If you have come to the server to abuse the rules and make the experience for others negative in a harmful way, you will be banned. Beacon spamming for example.

4. Our server runs on a Triangulation system. That is 3 points XYZ to navigate through the world. They are all set to roughly a million meters from each other on the grid. The center of the world resides at XYZ of 900k 900k 900k showing on the XYZ. A 10k radius around each way has asteroids along with the center where you can mine and setup your base.

[​IMG]

5. The starter ship you are supplied with can get you anywhere you need to go as long as you turn off your dampeners. It is designed to prevent griefing and provides the most basic essentials to get you started.

[​IMG]

More info to come and soon to be whitelist applications. Server is currently open to the public.

Make sure you vote for us!

http://space-engineers.com/server/25/

Application
    <div>Please use this format to join our whitelist, you will need to be added to our steamgroup in order to join.

Link to Steam Account
    Are you with a Faction/Group?​
    Will you abide by our server rules?​
    Do you understand you can be banned at anytime regardless of status?​
    You will get an invite on your steam account from DesolationGaming to join the group Desolation Gaming. Once you join the group you will be able to connect to the server. Make sure your steam profile is set to public or you won't be able to connect.
    </div></div>

2. TheMap Trainee Engineer

We are having a lot of fun. Server hit almost 30 players last night. Come join the fun, we are constantly trying to improve our server every day. If you have suggestions post them on our forums @ www.DesolationGaming.net

Fly Safe

3. Draygo Senior Engineer

Technically you have have multiple points in 3d space have the same numbers in a triangulation system.

There will be 2 points on the map with the coordinates X: 900,000 Y: 900,100 Z: 900,000

You should add 4th beacon to eliminate that.

4. TheMap Trainee Engineer

5. Draygo Senior Engineer

no, that's not how it works.

Triangulation works on a 2d plane, you need a 4th beacon for an exact position in 3d space.

Let me try to educate you:

Lets say we have 3 beacons

Beacon A: Distance 250 Meters

This beacon draws a sphere at 250 meters

Beacon B: 150 Meters
    This beacon draws a sphere at 150 meters

Where these two spheres intersect it will form a single circle. So there is an entire circle on one plane where you can be both 250 meters from Beacon A and 150 meters from Beacon B

Now we add Beacon C: 100 Meters

This beacon draws a sphere at 100 meters, which will intersect the previously described circle at two points. Meaning there are two points in a 3d space that are exactly 250 meters from beacon a, 150 meters from beacon B, and 100 meters from beacon C. Meaning you need one more beacon to determine which of the two points is your true position.

6. TheMap Trainee Engineer

While I appreciate the bumps I did my far share of probing in EVE, I know that 3 probes is all that is needed to find a position. 3 beacons works. Now please if you have a suggestion feel free to post it on our forums. Otherwise stop spamming the thread. Thanks

7. TheMap Trainee Engineer

Doing some cleanup of excess ships and items right now, over 3000 ships and more items having to clean up. Sorry for those who cannot get on. The server will be up as soon as possible.

Thanks Desolation Staff

8. manveti Trainee Engineer

The need for the fourth beacon is mitigated by the extreme distance of the existing ones. If there are two possible solutions, one will be "above" the plane made by the three points and the other "below". So if you know which side of the plane you're on (which you do if you stick to the 10k area) then there's no ambiguity. But yes, if you hang out near (450k,450k,450k) then you're likely to get lost a lot.

9. Doogie Howitzer Trainee Engineer

10. Draygo Senior Engineer

It takes 4 probes to get a warp target in EvE.

I would know because I played covops for over 3 years.

As manveti says if you know which side of the plane you are on you can know which of the two points is the one you want to navigate to.

11. TheMap Trainee Engineer

I played EVE for over 7 years off and on. Last long session was 2 years around 2007-2009 where Dominion came out and WH just appeared. I probed down tons of worm holes, anomalies, hacking sites, complexes, and other players etc. With high enough skills at that time in a probe ship, you could easily scan anything with 3 probes if you aligned them in a triangle with all 3 circles overlapping the signature.

http://cdn1.eveonline.com/community/devblog/blogs/image10.jpg

Similar to that picture. Maybe it wasn't supposed to be that way but its possible.

12. firstof9 Apprentice Engineer

I've played EVE since 2004 and you're both wrong.

13. TheMap Trainee Engineer

Meh really it doesn't matter this isn't EVE. How about we all agree to disagree and stop posting irrelevant topics in a server advertisement thread. Thanks

14. Doogie Howitzer Trainee Engineer

I used to play EVE on and off too!

15. aboredteen1 Junior Engineer

ive never played eve

16. TheMap Trainee Engineer

We have been hitting around 25 at night 5pm EST and on. Its been a blast playing with everyone. Feel free to hop and and join the fun. We are working on another server for SE that I think a lot of players are going to enjoy. Stay tune.d

TheMap,
    a.k.a
    Nasir

17. MrKoronas Apprentice Engineer

You talk about teamspeak but yet I fail to see the details for the server could you please enlighten me and the rest of the community.

18. TheMap Trainee Engineer

Are you DitchDiver?

19. TheMap Trainee Engineer

Server has been updated to the newest version. If you have compatible servers checked it will not show up. This is the first bug i've noticed so far. So uncheck compatible and find the server as usual.

20. MrKoronas Apprentice Engineer

Who? What?

I am the Community founder of Emerald Immersion.

21. TheMap Trainee Engineer

Currently there is a movement bug where you ship moves on its own. It is a known issue with the latest update and hopefully being worked on.

22. TheMap Trainee Engineer

Server updated to the newest version. Lets hope this fixes some of those game breaking bugs.

23. TheMap Trainee Engineer

Another hotfix update. Still have some rubber banding issues but its playable. Server updated.

24. TheMap Trainee Engineer

Server may be going whitelist soon. Keep an eye on the update to apply.

25. TheMap Trainee Engineer

Just added a 5x2x2x2 server to our group, mainly for building and testing. Feel free to join.

26. TheMap Trainee Engineer

5x2x2x2 server is being worked on for something else. Soon :D

27. gi_ty Apprentice Engineer

This is a really fun server the PvP is good and its setup well to dissuade the riffraff. Ramming is not much of a problem because people cant find stuff if they dont try fairly hard. Find me on the this server as Solastar for some good PvP!

28. TheMap Trainee Engineer

Server updated to new version. Old netcode is back! No more out of control ships and rubber banding.

29. Bopkasen Apprentice Engineer

I was thinking and come to conclusion that the person who commented that there should be 4th beacon.

X, Y, and Z shows relationship while 4th dimension is what brings X, Y, and Z together. Without the 4th dimension, there is no Space, and the world is a polygon world. Thus, X, Y, and Z could never have exists in real life as much as X and Y can't exist without Z. Only in art, geometry, math, etc can contains the X or Y as a minumum but eventually needs the 2nd dimension and 3rd. Only in life must have the 4th dimension. Within the 4th dimension, you can have X, Y, and Z dimension.

What define as the 4th dimension is space. Without space or the 4th dimension, you are navigating mostly in a rectangle fashion. But, when including the 4th beacon / dimension, you are able to navigate easier and get from Point A to Point B quicker. What people wondering is what really consider the 4th dimension in a point to point? Simple answer: 0, 0, and 0 to x, y, and Z defined as space, the 4th dimension.

30. Incorporeality Trainee Engineer

@Bopkasen; Okay, lol. The reason you need a fourth here is because it's triangulation, not plotting. In plotting, or coordinate, systems like you use in math you also have NEGATIVES so that you can define a theoretically infinite space with three dimensions. This is not the same as what he is talking about for his server, where he wants the user to be able to find any place by watching his distance from a set of beacons which is again triangulation not a coordinate system. There is no higher metaphysical meaning here, no great revelation, you're just talking about two completely different things. If the map was finite he could still define with three positive dimensions by placing x,y,z origins in one corner of it or beacons in three corners of one face of the box, but it's not and so he'd need a fourth just like you would need a third point to triangulate on a 2d surface. Except of course it sounds like he has his beacons set up so that no one will ever realistically travel far enough to need the fourth.

Your post gave me lols though, thanks.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.