Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

direct connect without steam online

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by bigbangnet, Apr 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. bigbangnet Apprentice Engineer

Is it possible to use direct connect without Steam being online ? The reason is sometimes my wife will use my steam library (steam family sharing feature) and when that happens, i can't be online on Steam. Most games aren't a problem even for some multiplayer games. But this one is a no go. Sounds like Space engineer has to be connected to steam or I just can't use the direct connect cause "join game" button tells me Steam is offline (duh !)

I was thinking of using the direct connect command on a shortcut like the one below but that doesnt work. It just launches the game and thats it.

+connect 8.8.4.4:27016

2. bleakhead Trainee Engineer

So I can speak for other games. You have to be online in steam, if you want to play on online servers.
    Simple : offline mode = only Lan servers

3. bigbangnet Apprentice Engineer

There should be a way to bypass steam servers as I connect to a direct IP if thats not the case.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.