Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Discovered something interesting by accident

Discussion in 'General' started by ChozoSR388, Dec 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. ChozoSR388 Trainee Engineer

So, I was working on a ship, and needed to paste a previous iteration of it into the world for reference. Did the usual, got the blueprint ready for pasting, and proceeded to click "Add to clipboard". "You can only paste blueprints in Creative Mode", came the game's response. Aw, crap...I forgot to turn on Creative Mode Tools through Space Master. Went in, turned the tools on, proceeded to paste the blueprint from earlier, without going back and re-selecting it from the F10 menu. That's when the magic happened. I don't know if this is supposed to happen, and if it isn't, KEEN, if you're reading this, please, please, please don't get rid of it; when I pasted the blueprint, it pasted in, not as a completed ship, but as a scaffold frame of itself! This is amazing in my mind, because it's an way to paste a blueprint in Survival worlds and/or servers that use BaRS without being overly cheaty. You'd obviously have to be able to work out what the initial cost is so you can have an admin or whatever (if you're on a server) 'consume' (delete a container containing the frame cost) the extra components, but it's a neat thing to know.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Soup Toaster Apprentice Engineer

Huh. I just tried that out and it's actually pretty cool. Some neat opportunities there!

3. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Way cool! My first thought was, "Hey, J, zero percent body fat!"

4. Oskar1101 Apprentice Engineer

Yeah, it was always like that.

5. Spets Master Engineer

Since 2016 at least, best unintended "feature"

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Silvrav Trainee Engineer

Agree with Spets, best unintended feature indeed

7. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

This is how I always had envisioned the blueprints would be.
    Hopefully, they will keep this feature. Not sure if this was intentional or a "happy mistake" :D

8. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Sometimes it seems as if their mistakes make us happier than what they do on purpose :D

9. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

10. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Some questions:

What level of completion are the wire frames? They aren't 100%, obviously. But are they 1 base component or contain the full number of components with minimum structural integrity?

In Midspace's SEToolbox, it was possible to alter the build levels of a grid to produce similar results.

It's also worth mentioning that wire frame blocks and those under construction still have the same mass as those that have the full number of components supplied but lack the integrity. So a heavy armor block with one steel plate in its structure has the same mass as one that is 100% fully built. Besides aesthetics, what is the advantage?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.