Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Do you think the stone->iron age progression works

Discussion in 'General' started by waterlimon, Jan 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. waterlimon Senior Engineer

In other games (SE included), I feel the beginning grind doesnt really add much (probably why the yellow starter ship is so well equipped)

How is this going to work with ME?

I feel the contrast between

Bare hands <=> Massive castle ran by single person

Is too high to work.

In single player the beginning must feel like a grind, in multiplayer it will be skipped entirely as other people (who are in space age by the time you enter) will get you started (what is worthless resources to them will let you advance by leaps)

More information please. I can see it working if the 'advancing' is more like specialization than actual progression, dunno. Anyone got information?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2015
  2. FanzyHanzii Trainee Engineer

you can use windmills to controll most of the castles moving objects with gears and leavers just saying!

3. Ash87 Senior Engineer

Well in the dev interview, you see them talking about how you'll need to Make tools. So you'll need to sit down and build yourself a cart to haul stone back to the castle if you are going to make a castle.

Likewise... should it be a massive castle run by a single person?

4. waterlimon Senior Engineer

I just hope the early stages wont end up just being a boring grind you need to go through every time to get to the actual game.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.