Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Do you think this will become a franchise? What other "Engineers" games would you like to see?

Discussion in 'General' started by xMoneyShadow, Jan 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. xMoneyShadow Apprentice Engineer

What do you guys think about a franchise for "Engineers"? Now that we have Space Engineers and we will be getting Medieval Engineers, I think that it will become a franchise.

If it does become a franchise, what other games would you like to see?

My ideas:

Naval Engineers - Build ships and submarines. It would have volumetric and physically simulated water to simulate hull breaches and sinking. Pressure would definitely have to be a factor in submarines, with realistic crush depths based on the structural strength.

Aerospace Engineers - Build helicopters and planes. Since spaceflight is a part of aerospace engineering, this could be added as a massive expansion to Space Engineers, but not likely. You would have to build safe aircraft like in Space Engineers, but this time, you're going against gravity. Pressurization and structural stability would be a factor.

--

What about your ideas? Do you have any new ones or do you think you can expand on mine?

2. Thedevistator Senior Engineer

I'm personally loving the engineering seires it provides hours of entertainment. I think maybe military engineers where you have to build bunkers and fortresses to defend against enemy troops.

3. Skeloton Master Engineer

Well you got Industrial Engineers?

Combat Engineers, Im thinking on this one WW1/2, needs better name

and Nautical Engineers.

Possibly Aerospace Engineers....

4. StuffYouFear Apprentice Engineer

Deep sea engineers

5. Belthize Apprentice Engineer

Genetic Engineers

6. Mishka Junior Engineer

Engineer

[​IMG]

7. THE_VB Junior Engineer

Practical engineers
    [​IMG]

8. Dreokor Senior Engineer

Steam Engineers

9. galacticon Apprentice Engineer

A game in the steampunk franchise would be very creative and alot of fun! Rather than branching games...I'd be willing to pay money for one ever expanding game...so like the idea of different time eras. We have space and medieval time periods...I'd like to see the planet environment in space engineers. Then you could build futuristic ships etc. You could also build medieval ships in medieval engineers etc.

So to sum up my thoughts, expension of the VRage engine to make everything possible in both games. But not necessarily that medieval engineers become space engineers vice versa.

10. Textor Junior Engineer

Electrical Engineers?

11. havok Apprentice Engineer

plumbing engineers?

12. Martinineter Senior Engineer

God engineers, a voxel game about creating a species....

13. Tyriosh Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]

14. Geneticus Senior Engineer

Cannibal Engineers. All crafting is based on killing other players and using their carcass as resources.

15. Me 10 Jin Apprentice Engineer

Steampunk with levitating urban hubs and player-crafted dirigibles could be impressive if KSH made it happen. They could even put a scifi spin on it by giving the local planet a dense caustic atmosphere (like Venus).

16. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

If it wasn't something that a mod could easily do in SE i'd be all over a sea-based Naval Engineers.

17. Skeloton Master Engineer

I honestly think this is the next step. I mean, go from space to land(medieval). Only other places are Sea and Air.

But I think Air can be absorbed into some WW1/2/PostWW2 engineers game.

18. picklerok Junior Engineer

I honestly think that ME will be quite a lot of fun. I think that some other good games could easily be made from the engineering series.

19. karlth3truth Trainee Engineer

maybe they could combine the games at somepoint in the future? it would be cool to see what kind of technological advancment we could get

20. kristakis Junior Engineer

It's a shame ME is medieval instead of modern otherwise we could add Aquatic Enginners and merge them all into the one game. You start on the ground and can build houses, vehicles, ships and planes and explore your planet gathering resources. Then you can build a spaceship and fly out into space and visit other planets.

21. Gooplux6 Apprentice Engineer

i would say naval engineers but from the depths exist. for me i would say titan engineers. essentially your given the tools to make large vehicles and do warfare with them (3 story tall mechs, tanks 1/4th the size of a football field). that or micro engineers, engineering nanobots, or guns and try to do business on the black market, anyway possible.

22. Steelpanther Apprentice Engineer

Transit Engineers.

23. ManoW Apprentice Engineer

Planetary Engineers. A game set in the distant future about Terra-forming

24. Irish286 Apprentice Engineer

I wish they'd just add planets to SE. The naval stuff would be cool too but this game engine has so many problems with collision physics as is what do you think water will do?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2015
  25. SilentSymphony Apprentice Engineer

Universal Engineers, Make it happen
    [​IMG]

26. Martronix Trainee Engineer

Quality Engineers. It will be a plugin to the workshop and you get to reject or release designs from the other engineer games :p

27. Textor Junior Engineer

It's like Papers, Please... IN SPAAAACE!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2015
  28. nextactus Trainee Engineer

Magrethea enterprises....."We build planets"

29. Forgemasterhd Junior Engineer

Statistic Engineers

30. Textor Junior Engineer

Greetings. This is a recorded announcement as we are all out at the moment. The Commercial Council of Magrathea thanks you for your esteemed visit but regrets that the entire planet is temporarily closed. If you would like to leave your name and a planet where you can be contacted, kindly do so at the tone.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.