Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Does anyone know how to use visual scripting?

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by SF-1 Raptor, Feb 11, 2017.

1. SF-1 Raptor

When they first announced visual scripting, and began to show it and say anyone could use it, I was excited and already thinking up a campaign, but it's just annoyed me. I've been trying to understand how visual scripting works, but the guide seems to lack what non-coders need to get start. I did the example in the guide, but it only gets you so far. The guide just lacks in detail, and please don't suggest looking at the campaign scripts. I've tried, but without understanding what the nodes are it just gets pointless. And I have experience with MatLab, which is probably the only reason I could understand any of the guide. I just want to know if anyone's been able to use it, and if so maybe be willing to explain the stuff that the guide doesn't really tell use other than "it does this."

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ronin1973

I'll +1 that. On a few updates, we've been told about the new behaviors for drones via Visual Scripting. However, there's not one shred of information on how to implement this. If it was good enough to make mention of in an update video, shouldn't it be good enough to spend a little time explaning? Even a simple Workshop upload with working DroneAI would be helpful as a study guide.

3. SF-1 Raptor

Agreed.