Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

does this work?

Discussion in 'Miner Wars Arena' started by REDHAWK, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. REDHAWK Trainee Engineer

theres a few things i wonder that i dont know how to do or find anything about:

1:
    i want to build a mining ship that can automaticly pick up the ore as i am mining. is this possiblie??

2: i want to build etc a cargo ship. and i want to have one sort of a docking station inside the hangar of a bigger ship. what this docking is suposed to be good for is that when i "dock" the small ship inside the bigger ship. the cargo of my cargoship will be connectected to the docking in the bigger ship and the docking in the bigger ship will have some sort of "wiring" system that transferes everything in the smaller ship's cargo into the cargo room inside my big ship.

is this possiblie? if it is. how do i do it?

2. REDHAWK Trainee Engineer

anyone?

3. scipio Apprentice Engineer

Yes, totaly,

For the 1:, the mining drill of your ship will automaticly collect the ore they are mining and store it in their own inventory. If you connect them with conveyors to some storage cargo, the ores will be pushed directly into those
    For the 2: you can do what you think with the connector block. It allow you to connect 2 ships coveyor network and to transfert item and energy between the 2

4. REDHAWK Trainee Engineer

so basically: conveyor = a "cable" used to transfere items
    and connector = a gate/port that pushes items through the conveyor or on ground?

theres one more block similar to the connector as i think i remember, what block was that and what does it do?

5. AlanEsh Apprentice Engineer

Conveyor just links other blocks with inventories. It won't dump anything on the ground.

Connectors can be set to "Throw Out" which will eject any items inside out into space.

Ejectors are "small" sized Connectors. They can move ores, but most of your block components (large tubes, steel plates, etc) are too big to pass through.

Finally, there is the Collector which will suck up any objects that come near its open end. For example, you can park a ship full of ores above a Collector on your base and turn on Throw Out for your Ejectors. The ores will be ejected and the collector will consume them. Obviously you'd want your collector attached to a cargo container(s) and/or conveyors.

6. REDHAWK Trainee Engineer

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2014
  7. REDHAWK Trainee Engineer

btw. i tried to use the conveoyr block thats supposed to send things through those "cables"

first i placed a collector then i used those converor pipes, then i connected it to an storage box, then i put a conveyor pipe on top and an conveyor block then a pipe that goes to a other storage box but i cant get it to work,

8. AlanEsh Apprentice Engineer

You should probably do some searches for videos on Youtube that show how a lot of these work. Also, with every patch the Dev team posts videos of new features being used. This would be much easier than other people trying to type out the instructions here.
    Good luck!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.