Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Dogs ruining my creative world!

Discussion in 'General' started by Blako, May 14, 2017.

1. Blako

A friend went to medical terminal and spawned as a wolf then spawned back as an astronont
    First time we were in earth orbit (Creative world) and this happened:

Dog spawned ship in earth orbit and then:
    Dog locked all doors, depressurised all rooms, set forward thrusters to full, disabled dampeners, and turned off reactor.

Next day and we're on a different world (EMPTY CREATIVE) with wolves and spiders disabled this happened. Spiders keep spawning on my ship in space. Much later a dog spawns still in space in the empty creative world, and the dog does this:
    Dog sets all thrusters to full, flips gravity, locks all doors, and turns all lights red.

So questions for you
    Is this a Spider/Dog Spawner? (We did not make it)

[​IMG]

Did a spider make this cave? The lights are owned by "nobody" still in a empty creative world asteroid.
    [​IMG]

Oh ya and a spider mounted a small fighter and flew off with it before turning back and shooting me while it was glued to the roof the the fighter.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. captainbladej52

Someone is screwing with you because nothing should EVER do this on its own in game unless a script and/or timer block of some type is involved. What's some of the major blocks you've been using aside from reactors, lights and such.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dax23333

You used to be able to change your player model at a medbay (creative only I think) to dogs or spiders. Havn't checked if this still works but I would assume that one of the others in your world has found out.

So yeah, its your friend messing with you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. halipatsui

Does this seem familiar?:woot:

5. Blako

It was a two player stock game and I saw him shooting at the dog.

6. halipatsui

Well then it is quite interesting.
    Unless your friend has spawned some in somehow

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Farindark

Either a bad Trolling attempt by the op or he is being heavily trolled by his own friend and some accomplices. @halipatsui That video you linked is so fake those guys know it's their friend trolling them, they are way to blase and under excited to believe they really think it is a spider.

8. captainbladej52

Since you've edited your post to include the thing about the fighter then we're left with only 2 options, either bad trolling by the OP, and/or the friend(s) screwing with you. I've seen spiders jump at ships and burrow through metal structures due to old bugs, but NO spider has ever been able to take control of an object such as a fighter and fly it. The only way a spider could do that is if it's a player that's using the spider model, or it's a modded spider AI.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. halipatsui

Yup. And tat stuff sounds exactly like something i would do myself if i was trolling someone.

Altough i would make the gravity direction to REVERSE every second!

10. Ronin1973

Possibilities:
    1. Your friend is trolling you. In a creative game you can teleport. So when he disappears around the corner he could troll you.
    2. You've some how made your settings public and someone likes to show up and mess with you.

When the spider or the dog appears, press escape and then press the "Players" button to see who is logged into the game. You'll see yourself, your friend, and if there's a troll... the troll.

11. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin

Well, someone made it. That window can't attach there, it's free floating (also not centered). Either you're fooling with us, or someone's fooling with you.

12. Forcedminer

heh heh heh i remember becoming a cyberhound before they became the wolfs and hide behind the standard sliding door.
    when my friend opened the door the scream over the headset was music to my hears.

opens up a door and an orange and black cybernetic wolf with a glowing red eye is staring right at him. >:3

but yeah these things do feel like your friends are playing tricks on you. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Blako

Its floating because that is an asteroid with no gravity. Im hesitant to believe my friend would nearly destroy his own ship but okay. I saw the dog run to a terminal seemingly interact with it then run to the next thing.

14. Sinbad

nearly destroying his own ship... but not quite.
    for a good prank, I think I could commit to destroying my own ship if thats what it took to make it convincing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Malware

This is very simple. There is no code in the game allowing for what you're claiming. Occham's Razor: The simplest explanation is usually correct. In your statements you're assuming the game has advanced bot AI that Keen for some inexplicable reason has decided to keep secret rather than use for all it's worth. This kind of advanced AI would be a great sales point for them, not to mention having demanded a lot of man-hours to create, so that is quite a big assumption. You're also assuming this advanced AI is even possible to make for SE, something that is quite dubious. Our statements simply assume someone is having fun on your expense, or you trying to have fun on our expense, something that has already happened before and thus proven possible.

Plain and simple logic thinking my friend.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. FlakMagnet

1) The dog is a player
    2) the spider was a player
    3) see above

It's not magic, it's not actually that interesting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin

No, it's floating because it's not attached to that grid and it's in no gravity. And as it's not attached to that grid, someone placed that window there deliberately; it's not a door to that kennel thing that's been "opened," and it wasn't knocked loose by "escaping doggies." Someone, a player on your server, perhaps yourself, deliberately placed it there to give the effect of an open door to that "cage." Therefore, this is a hoax.

This is quite apart from Malware's point that we straight-up know that nothing like this is in the game, which is the most important point; but even if there were some mechanism for procedurally generating NPC spawners, it wouldn't look like that. This is clearly player-built, not game-spawned.

18. Spets

so, this was a hoax then... bleh, I thought it was kinda cute having a dog pet

19. Sirhan Blixt

Oh, you can call it a "pet" if you want ...

20. Sinbad

Dig hole, wait for dog to fall in. Be sure to aggro it every so often and throw in a light armor block every now and then so its despawn counter resets.
    In other words, make a nice place for it to live, and one will move in. Interact with it regularly so it learns to accept you, give it toys to play with so it doesnt get bored and run away.

• Funny Funny x 2