Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

DS loading very slowly with only 2 mods enabled - hundreds of cache files being downloaded!

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by Thomas_Jefferson, Jul 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Thomas_Jefferson Apprentice Engineer

So I started a new dedicated server to replace my old on, as I always do with a major update. I always start the server fresh with no mods, then test them locally before adding them to the server. Everything testes well, but I noticed a massive increase in loading time when starting the DS once I add mods.

I have only 2 mods that I put together myself. One is a little over 100Mb and the other is less than 1Mb. The server eventually loads like normal, but it takes more than 5 minutes to load versus about 1 minute without mods. It gets held up on "Server PolicyResponse (1)".

I noticed some odd disk activity, so I checked Resource Monitor to see what was going on. There were many read/write requests for files in the DedicatedServer64 folder under userdata. There are folders with numbers, each containing a folder labeled "uscmsgcache" and those contained hundreds of cache files that appear to contain descriptions and ID's for every single mod in the SE workshop! Once all those update, the server continues as normal.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any idea on how to keep it from wasting time downloading these cache files?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Cryptic1293 Trainee Engineer

You should try to report this to the Developers, as this seems major.

3. Roxette Senior Engineer

It's also over three months old and no follow-up or similar reports, so quite possibly no longer relevant :)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.