Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

DSE Wayland Class mobile mining system image heavy

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Carrion, Jul 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Carrion Senior Engineer

after a long break from gaming i am back with a reasonably sized mining ship that is also able to lay its own mining claim beacons on desirable rocks.

Totally not usable in planetary gravity although it does make a nice bang and bits of it will survive.

this is designed to be a long haul live aboard vessel that is capable of supporting itself out of its own resource's and
    to conduct any repairs of modifications using the support craft.

it has
    6 speed upgraded refinery's
    5 speed upgraded assemblers
    12 arc furnaces
    12 pistons
    29 rotors
    12 large cargo containers
    2 small containers for cargo access
    12 hydrogen tanks
    14 oxygen tanks
    3 forward, 2 revers large hydrogen thrusts
    4 small thrusts in the other 4 planes
    12 battery's
    8 small reactors
    and 2 jump drives
    in addition there are 5 dedicated stone throwers at the stern to remove unwanted materials
    there are 8 walk up access landing pads and 2 cargo pod docking ports
    main drill head has 5 on a rotating system capable of a max depth of 50 meters.

dedicated features include

a self contained, manually button operated small craft production facility in the bow
    rotating work lamp and observation system
    dedicated drill observation cameras
    2 sets of grasping docking claws
    2 spare drill heads
    2 spare claws.
    a biobed
    a captains chair
    foot access onto the small craft production equipment to allow crew to enter new ships.
    Running lights
    o2 sealed

All parts excluding the topside are accessible on foot from the aft lower airlocks as i like to make it more realistic.

support craft include

2X DSE Wrangler class light tugs
    2X DSE Strike bombers
    2X parasite pod drill ships
    1X salvage pod
    1X construction pod
    2X cargo pods

all support craft can be built with the production facility

So on with the pics

Starboard side
    [​IMG]

Bridge
    [​IMG]
    Captains chair and airlock
    [​IMG]

Biobed
    [​IMG]

Suit Morgue and lower airlock access
    [​IMG]
    Crew quarters
    [​IMG]
    officers quarters

[​IMG]

Small craft docking exterior [​IMG]

from the walkways

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Drill from the front

[​IMG]

the production system

[​IMG]
    controls
    [​IMG]
    information pannels
    [​IMG]

the definition of a close fit
    [​IMG]

in action

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

DSE mining claim beacon
    [​IMG]

DSE Wrangler with cargo pod [​IMG]
    --- Automerge ---
    A few notes on the design. this came about from wanting to deploy a beacon onto an asteroid for my own personal reasons, i just think its what would be done. so i engineered the system. it does put a serious crimp on the size of ships that can be produced which in turn requires some serious engineering to build a functional support craft.

i like to use buttons to control things instead of scripts hence the many buttons on the production platform and on the bridge but it does allow me to run quickly.

i also dont like having every last item encased in slabs of armour. hence the open to space look of the main ship.
    to make things even harder on myself i also make a personal demand that i can walk around ALL of the ship without a jetpack. be it using a piston lift or using stairs.to change levels. i couple this with wanting to be able to repair every item from within the ship on foot.
    then i add yet more by making it be safe ie you cant fall off the side of the ship or walk easily into a welder.

on this ship i took the desire to foot access everything one step further to make all small craft bays foot accessible. i did try using remote controls to move things around but it didnt feel quite as nice.

every support ships is from survival and finding a need., the wrangler to replace drills and claws if i clip them. the cargo container for when i am selectively salvaging high value materials from ships the drill ships are usefull to support mining as i can nip off and mine a harder to reach deposit whilst the main drill just hammers away at the main stuff.
    --- Automerge ---
    World added here

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1088325856

A few notes on the design. this came about from wanting to deploy a beacon onto an asteroid for my own personal reasons, i just think its what would be done. so i engineered the system. it does put a serious crimp on the size of ships that can be produced which in turn requires some serious engineering to build a functional support craft.

i like to use buttons to control things instead of scripts hence the many buttons on the production platform and on the bridge but it does allow me to run quickly.

i also dont like having every last item encased in slabs of armour. hence the open to space look of the main ship.
    to make things even harder on myself i also make a personal demand that i can walk around ALL of the ship without a jetpack. be it using a piston lift or using stairs.to change levels. i couple this with wanting to be able to repair every item from within the ship on foot.
    then i add yet more by making it be safe ie you cant fall off the side of the ship or walk easily into a welder.

on this ship i took the desire to foot access everything one step further to make all small craft bays foot accessible. i did try using remote controls to move things around but it didnt feel quite as nice.

every support ships is from survival and finding a need., the wrangler to replace drills and claws if i clip them. the cargo container for when i am selectively salvaging high value materials from ships the drill ships are usefull to support mining as i can nip off and mine a harder to reach deposit whilst the main drill just hammers away at the main stuff.

2. Carrion Senior Engineer

there will be a slight modification to this design as i am also making it mass producible as there were a few places that simply cant be welded without a support frame. and there are a few blocks that due to the nature of the blocks they are build on and the mount points will not be placed. still on a ship this size and complexity there are minor issues

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.