Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Easy fix for ligths etc. not taking up whole block

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Logi, Oct 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Logi Apprentice Engineer

We all would really like to have compound blocks, but I have lost my hopes at ever seeing them in SE.

After playing with Sektan's Interior Wall blocks I really miss some simple blocks that would remove majority of the problems reqarding everything taking up whole block space.

Armor Block with embedded LCD screen
    Armor Block with embedded text panel
    Armor Block with embedded button panel
    Armor Block with embedded interior light
    Armor Block with embedded air vent

It wouldn't even have to be complex new block, but just those things embeded in the normal block on one side. They could have the same menu as their normal counterparts and require same components + what armor block require.

Why? Because then these wouldn't take whole block of space in front of them, which is one of the most annoying things in this game when trying to build something.

• Like Like x 3
  2. VonKlutch Trainee Engineer

If we're not going to see compound blocks, then this would be an absolutely marvelous addition to the vanilla blocks. Although having them all have them on one side could make fabrication annoying.

I like the idea of having them as a seperate block if possible. :)

3. Logi Apprentice Engineer

Oh, I meant new blocks of course, but not new models to make adding them easier. So 5 new armor blocks like those that I listed, being normal armor blocks but having the model and functionality of interior light for example on one side of the block.

4. VonKlutch Trainee Engineer

Ahh i see now. yeah exactly like what he said lol
    +1

5. PilotMax Apprentice Engineer

GO ARMOR LIGHTS!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Smoo Apprentice Engineer

Or placing a light/whatever on an armor block could ALTER the block? The "basic" build would be an armor block, with extra stuff for the extra item, and as you weld it, it turns into a different block completely?

Vents are kind of hard though, you need a conveyor connection for that. There's a mod for a conveyor/vent block, though, which works great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. malteins Apprentice Engineer

Yes indeed we all have gotten to the point where some things aren't realizable because small things like lights or cameras, take up a whole block!
    +1 !

8. PilotMax Apprentice Engineer

Super idea, if it can be done.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.