Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Epic Tactics

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by TKG92, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. TKG92 Trainee Engineer

Hey Guys,

Absolutely love the game so far. The multi player since the last update is vastly improve in terms of stability and reducing law. Even though my internet is terrible (apologies to those who have duelled me,) I've had some very good dogfights so far.

One tactic that has worked for me is when I am damaged/out-gunned by much larger/better ships is the 'dead pass.'

I turn off the inertial dampeners and switch off the reactors. To everyone it looks like I am dead, particularly if the map is filled with broken or unoccupied ships.

As soon as they have turned past me and they enter my kill slot (normally takes 2 rotations.) I turn everything back on and destroy their engines/cockpit before sprinting off. I have done this several times to the same person before!!!

I wonder if this tactic would be a good way of getting very close to a large ships/stations/ambushing before destroying key components and sprinting off again.

What sort of tactics have you developed so far or have seen work against you?

TKG

2. Castironboomstick Trainee Engineer

One great tactic is having large chunks of dead weight held on by landing gear, then letting it go as either chaff, or to make your ship look like its coming apart.

3. Caesar15 Apprentice Engineer

Great tactic is sticking warheads on your fighter and ramming it into the other ship. Unless you want to keep your ship...

4. Gentry Senior Engineer

Clever tactic TKG92.

I'll try doing similar stuff next time and see how well it goes.

5. Wyvyrias Junior Engineer

The best tactic is to Copy&Paste the ship of your enemy. :D

6. TKG92 Trainee Engineer

another good tactic is to cover their ships in mines then watch to see how many people are tempted to destroy them.

7. piddlefoot Senior Engineer

I have an internal turret hidden around the corner of the main bridge , its not your real problem though, the warhead lodged a block deep in the wall behind the entrance door is, and even if you dodge the fire the stray bullets hit the warhead and you are not stealing my ship ! You cannot see the warhead as you walk in so the shock effect is greeeeaaaat ! Well for me anyhoo !

8. radam Senior Engineer

Put a landing gear behind a small fighter and attach a large warhead, maybe covered with something.

Then fly towards enemy base, release the bomb and strafe away...

9. Grim Apprentice Engineer

Your tactic wouldn't work on me. I like to blow everything up around me. Abandoned ships or not.

10. TodesRitter Moderator

i bet/hope copy&paste is only for creative mode

11. Grim Apprentice Engineer

It most likely will.

12. anybodysguess Apprentice Engineer

It has already been stated by the dev team that copy and paste is only for creative.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.