Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Faction based Survival

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Vdragon, May 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Vdragon Apprentice Engineer

Hello!

I've seen that it is possible to have a large world without any problem in Space engineers.

I would like to open a faction based survival server.
    there would be two 'factions'
    Asteroids would only hold certain types of resources, they would need to be kept by the factions in order to provide them with certain resources.
    Ships would be painted in a way their faction is easily recognisable.
    Factions would have to defend their territory, when they loose their last asteroid, the game end.
    I would provide a web accessible live map of the server with a program.
    Both factions start with nothing, except ONE default spawning ship, players start with absolutely nothing excepted the cockpit they spawn in.

The main problem for opening this server is knowing if people would actually play on it.
    So here is a poll asking you.
    (me doing this server is dependant on the number of people wanting to play on it, if you vote that you would play on it, you're kind of engaging yourself to participate)

2. Atticus Trainee Engineer

its a great concept one that i'm happy to see more create. 2 of the servers im hosting for the steam group -Alternity RPG- Outpost Survival Red VS Blue is doing just that. Ubersaint is currently coordinating and serving as in game admin for the two hosted at the moment.

We've already had a large number of players stick around since the start of dedi's and many of them really like the concept and the challenges.

Something he is also putting together is having the two teams create large battleships on the seperate servers. Then when time is up, we put the two battleships on a new clean map and watch the battle begin.

But like I said, happy to see more servers and server hosts create these great scenarios

3. Vdragon Apprentice Engineer

Then i could probably (try to) develop the software i talked about, but for you, i just have to learn how to use the damn web stuffs (i'm an experienced C programmer, but i never used any web oriented language).

4. Hatchie Apprentice Engineer

I pictured factions like this aswell. But as far as I can tell from devs statements faction will work differently (dissapointing).

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.