Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Failing at modding

Discussion in 'Questions and Suggestions' started by Judgernaut, Dec 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Judgernaut Apprentice Engineer

This should be simple but I cant figure it out. Im trying to change the drilling spehere radius in a mod and make it slower in drilling.

Now, I assume the speed is
    <DeformationRatio>0.7</DeformationRatio>
    If I increase the number, is it faster and vice versa?

What is
    <SensorOffset>2.8</SensorOffset>?

Is it the multiplier for rclick drilling?

Also, I am obvioulsy doing something wrong or then there is a bug somewhere. of these four values:
    <Center x="0" y="0" z="2" />
    <SensorRadius>1.9</SensorRadius>
    <SensorOffset>2.8</SensorOffset>
    <DeformationRatio>0.7</DeformationRatio>
    Only DeformRatio and SensorRadius make any changes... I cannot change the center point nor does the SensorOffset do anything(and Im not even sure what its supposed to do)

Could someone help plox... why doesent the center values have any effect?
    Now that I think of it, the DeformRatio doesent effect anything either, the mining speed stays the same.

2. Ravenal Apprentice Engineer

From what I remember, DeformationRatio is only when your grinding the block, Sensor Radius is the radius in meters that you want, so 1.9 is 1.9m where the Center from what I know is the position location of where the center of that block is located, and no the Sensor Offset I think is the offset where the detection part of when the collision starts drilling asteroids etc. so another words the center of the drill in this case is Z axis 2 Backwards position (-2 would be forward). Where from the center the drill head (the part where the drill starts drilling) is 2.8m from the center of the Drill.

Sensor Radius from what I think might be the radius of how big that drill will (so if you have a single drill that drills BIG you will want to increase the radius, now I think the radius is based on a single cell location so from the center aspect of the drill head it will span a radius in a circular concept it may also be a square as well.

I do not think you can adjust the speed of the drill collection I think is hardcoded, perhaps you should suggest that they make it so that it can be adjusted, and they may think about it.

By the way, Modding is all about trial and error, and then fixing those errors and try again. So failing to me is a trial, so therefore get back up and try again or try something else. If you see something that you'd like not hardcoded or something of that sort they will NOT know unless we let them or ask them and the greatest proverb of it all is "The answer is always NO until you ask."

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2014
  3. Judgernaut Apprentice Engineer

4. Judgernaut Apprentice Engineer

Heres one parcel of food for thought... anyone know if its possible to add two miningspheres to a block? Can it be done via 3d editing or something along

<SensorRadius2>1.9</SensorRadius2>
    ??

Thus far all my feeble attempts have failed.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.