Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Fast Build Mode [Solved]

Discussion in 'Modding' started by C137-Birdperson, Sep 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. C137-Birdperson Trainee Engineer

I love to play survival but I personaly dislike the fact that it takes several hits to build something. It's time consuming and (in my opinion) unneccesserly slowes down the gameplay. I'd love to see an "Fast Build" option in the settings. But for now is there anyone that knows what file/code I could modify to do it myself? I tried Tools.sbc but modifying the "Hammer"-Efficiency didn't do anything at all. Thx4reply

2. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

Don't use tools.sbc. Those are only there to help with loading 0.4 worlds. 0.5 uses the definitions in Hammer.sbc
    Both hammers are currently using the following behavior
    Code:
      <Definition xsi:type="MyObjectBuilder_BuilderToolBehaviorDefinition">
        <Id Type="BuilderToolBehaviorDefinition" Subtype="HammerNormal"/>
        <Efficiency>1</Efficiency>
    Changing the efficiency works nicely though.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. C137-Birdperson Trainee Engineer

Thank you very much! That makes everything feel so much more responsive, at least for me :D
    If you got time for one more question: What's the difference between <AnimationTime> and <HitTime> ?
    Edit: And where can I find this ominous MyObjectBuilder_xyDefinition. I am extreamly close to making a mod :)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  4. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

HitTime is the offset when the hit happens. AnimationTime is the total time of the animation for timing multiple hits.
    Everything in the game uses object builders. Please be more specific.

5. C137-Birdperson Trainee Engineer

Yes, sorry about that, after a night of reseach I also figured that and strangly enought I found lot's of them myself (I have almost no experience in coding) but I stilld don't realy get how the system of these Definitions work. Is there an easy way to find the roots of an object builder without having to look through each and every file?
    Btw. the one I was looking for when I asked is Type="MyObjectBuilder_DiggerToolBehaviorDefinition" , still haven't found it yet.
    Thx4yourTime.

6. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

7. C137-Birdperson Trainee Engineer

That's way too much for what I need to change. The onlything I want to do is to change the output of the shovel, so that it gives you, besides dirt, a smal percentage of the new item I made.

8. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

Oh, that's what you want to do!
    \Content\Data\WorldInteraction\Mining.sbc

You don't change the shovel at all. You change the mining.

9. C137-Birdperson Trainee Engineer

Thank you very much! Is there such thing as Amount="0.1" or is it only allowing whole numbers? Cuz I want it to be less common than dirt, which is 1.

10. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

¯\(ツ)/¯

Try it and find out.

11. C137-Birdperson Trainee Engineer

As I thought, it outright refuses to load. The same error shows up as if code was damaged. Any other suggestions for how I could balance it?
    When I think about 4example the balancing for poor/regular/rich iron: It often gives you the same amount even though InGame you end up getting different results. The only thing they differ in are their Volumes. How do they relate?

12. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

Actually, you've made me remember. I think that is why the designers balanced it by giving you stones when you mine the poor quality ore. It was the only way they could give the same amount of stuff but cut back the ore. The reason it's like this is because inventory items are integers. So if you could give a decimal it would get rounded off anyway

• Like Like x 1
  13. C137-Birdperson Trainee Engineer

14. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

it has to be called thumb and i think it has to be in the folder when you update.

15. C137-Birdperson Trainee Engineer

Thank you very much for all of your kind help and informative responses :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.