Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[Fixed] [1.182.0] Connecors Way Too Powerful

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Kieran, Jul 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Kieran Trainee Engineer

I have noticed that connectors strength is the way to powerful and it needs to be lowered down to 0.0020 or so to not damage any ships connecting, It did work before today's update maybe you can come out with a good hotfix next week please thanks, guys!

2. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

confusion. don't connectors have a strength meter that can be adjusted?

3. Kieran Trainee Engineer

Yes, but when it updated it seems like the connecters are two powerful, and when you go to connect they break anything with the slightest touch if left at default strength.

4. XkyDiver Apprentice Engineer

Connectors are very fragile in this update. :(

But speaking of the Connector Strength slider, does anyone ever turn it -up-? The default is 0.150%, not even one percent, and if you Ctrl+Click the slider, the number is 0.00015, which gets truncated to 0.0001. Perhaps an adjustment of the unit measurement would be useful?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. MajorTom Apprentice Engineer

The word you want is "too", not the number. Also yes, they're pretty crunchy in this patch.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. NikolasMarch Junior Engineer

all blocks seem more fragile in this update

7. Kieran Trainee Engineer

Thanks for that, I was trying hard to find the right words to say in the description that I did not proof read the title lol.

@all I am glad that it is not on my side, maybe it will be fixed in next weeks update.

8. Binthor Ulveskygge Trainee Engineer

I hope they fix it a bit faster than that, because the game's unplayable with this bug active. Can't land/dock/weld/grind with any of my ships without parts going *POOF* at the slightest touch.

9. I23I7 ME Tester

Hey,

The issue with blocks being fragile has been fixed. I tried a few connector involved cases as well as merge blocks and landing gear. The issue appears to be fixed.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Kieran Trainee Engineer

I will try it in a bit I need to do some editing for my YouTube channel first but if that's the case I wonder what it was as I did not see space engineers update yet.
    Thanks for letting me know.
    --- Automerge ---
    It does seem to be working fine now, not sure why it would fix its self, steam never updated the game and it's not been a week until there "usually" bug fix day and update. anyhow I will update the title and add a take stating [Fixed] just so people and the devs know.

11. I23I7 ME Tester

Thanks no problem.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.