Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Forum versus Email Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Stoner, Oct 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Stoner Apprentice Engineer

From the troubleshooting webpage:
    May I recommend that you reconsider this policy. That is, the forum should be your primary venue for posting bugs reports vis-à-vis email. Why?

The forum is shared in the community; emails are not. If a dozen folks discover the same bug, you'll receive a dozen email...if you're lucky. I believe players may be more inclined to post to the forum versus taking time to go to their email client. From my experience, if the user has to take that extra step, they may think, "eh, why bother?" We're all normally in the forum, so it takes very little effort to create a bug report or add to one.

And that is the main point. I will not know if another player, like Kane, has emailed a bug report. However, if he shares it on the forum, then other players can add to it. He may have one set of circumstances that caused the bug; I may have another. If my circumstances are the same, I may simply report, "me too." Thus, you'll know that Kane's experience is not a one-off event.

The forum permissions allow us to attach screenshots and save files. Other users can then download those saves to experiment for themselves as well.

• Like Like x 1
  2. George.Mamakos Apprentice Engineer

Thanks for the suggestion Stoner! This is noted. We are going to consider it soon.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.