Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

FROSTBITE

Discussion in 'General' started by KissSh0t, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Soup?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

I have a preference for Voodoo and Witch-Doctoring. Sometimes smearing gizzard all over the motherboard can ward off Klang.

3. KissSh0t Master Engineer

It would be kinda cool if we could find parts of robots and then put the parts together to build a helper robot, and maybe have something like..... being able to "program" it's brain so we can make it do different things, that could be kinda fun.

4. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

I agree the game could use some more nondescript parts. Would also be nice if not every block looked like it belongs in a bunker.

5. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

As far as hydrogen tanks. Are there any suitable mods using the same form-factors as far as conveyor ports? I know its not guaranteed, but I'd like to start incorporating smaller hydrogen tanks in prototype builds that function as closely to Keen's prototypes as possible.

6. R-TEAM Junior Engineer

7. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

The dish itself is the only thing I don't recognize as vanilla. I just recently downloaded a mod to get a dish like that.

And there's snow.

I thought the problem with weather effects is that they work inside also?

8. KissSh0t Master Engineer

They could use the same system used for pressurization to check if a built space is open or closed? then that can determine if a weather effect will show in certain areas.... I'm not sure though, just guessing.

9. R-TEAM Junior Engineer

It is nice - no question ....... but it is worth the workload ?
    As i see this - weather effects atm (and i belive it will stay) only visual ... no "hard driving" in snow/rain/storm - the same go with flying ... no trees/grass that wank in the wind.. no different clothes you need .... simply only a nice "but mostly useless" gfx effect ..... but if i wrong and it is more as only gfx - please correct me ;)

10. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Looks nice but they are no longer getting my $

11. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Say it ain't so! I dropped my dime for it.

12. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

13. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Wow. I never thought ME was anywhere near complete, but then again I've never played it.
    --- Automerge ---
    I will say that I've noticed a lot of glitchiness with the new update...menus bugged and generally lagginess. But, then again, I'm playing a game with some mods. I expect the latest update broke a bunch of mods.

14. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Well a lot of the work came from a mod. Certainly there were some things necessary to port it from a mod to vanilla part of the game. But the entire concept was already working.

15. Saradain Trainee Engineer

Bought the DLC immediatly after seeing the new planet...But why is it not in Star System maps and must be spawned by admin commands? Will it appear after a future patch? Would make more sense to me if it had indeed been handcrafted with the gravity, size, atmosphere values set by the game designers, rather than having to do it yourself which might not give the mystery of a new planet to the player as they already know the settings they made.

16. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Yeah, it's definitely laggy, even with a vanilla game.

17. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Is this a fresh world created with this update or a world carried on from a previous build of the game?

18. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

You've got to spawn the planet in yourself, if that's what you're asking.

19. Lord Grey Apprentice Engineer

No, I think he wants to know if the laggy world is a new generatesd one after the update or a world of for the update and you just started it without the mods.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Don't know. But, laggy? Absolutely.

21. Siginek Trainee Engineer

Can we please get whole frostbite "DLC" reverted? All we got was few useless blocks and new planet - in exchange for constant microlags for half of multiplayer community - please do some QA before you do any release and do some optimalization before you do any new DLC ... this is getting pretty bad

22. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I ended up switching my graphics settings to medium, but with my model quality and texture quality still on high. I don't notice any lag now; it's as smooth as a politician's promise.

23. Calaban Junior Engineer

I did the same. So it wasnt lag, it was frame rate drop... without the frame rate.. dropping. weird.

I was still rocking 120fps, but felt like I was playing 25fps (noticeable stutter).

So, maybe the engine is chugging, and each frame is faithfully rendered 120fps, only with many repeats waiting for the engine to process...?

24. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

You're a card-carrying genius, Gump!

25. Siginek Trainee Engineer

As our server admin told us, the problem at the moment is, that for aprox half of players, server is sending extreme amount of data to steam, so they end up with lagging game, graphic settings has nothing to do with it

26. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

All I know is what I know...changing the graphics settings eliminated lag for me.

27. KissSh0t Master Engineer

What is your cpu?

Or even the servers cpu if you know?

28. BitsNoKibbles Trainee Engineer

I'm not having a lag problem, but the fog is off the hook.

Here's a shot as the game starts loading:

[​IMG]

... and as the game "fades in" it eventually looks like this:

[​IMG]

BTW, this is in the mine on the Triton scenario, and there's a turret on the other side of that pillar. With the fog, you can't even see it firing.

29. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Isn't that just the "weather" effect?

30. BitsNoKibbles Trainee Engineer

Yes... but it's more than a bit overdone for an underground mine facility, don'tcha think?

The fix (thank you, Capt Shack) is to enable creative and type "/weather clear" in the chat prompt.