Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Funny failure results in puzzling situation - Jump Drives

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help' started by Athalon020, Sep 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Athalon020 Trainee Engineer

Okay, I'm posting this on my friend's behalf: We're trying to figure out what went wrong with a jump drive to completely delete a ship and kill all aboard.

His ship was 2,500,000 kg and he attempted to make a "blind" jump of just 5000m. I was in another ship about 19 km from him, and he and another friend were in the "jumping" ship. I heard the "pilot" say, "Okay, jump in 5...4...3...2...1..." and then his beacon disappeared completely. The passenger-friend yelled, "What the f**k happened??" And the pilot-friend said, "Why did I die?!?!" Turns out both of them died when the jump drive activated and the ship is completely gone now. There is no trace of the ship at all, we have no idea what happened.

What went wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Problem discovered.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  2. SoUlFaThEr Trainee Engineer

If you discovered the problem.....why dont you inform us all what it was? :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Useless007 Trainee Engineer

Yer what was the problem?

4. kittle Senior Engineer

This sounds familiar -- a similar thing happened when I jumped outside the world boundary. It was creative, so I didnt die, but my ship vanished

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.