Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

FUR-TEC Recruitment Page

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by TheFurNinja, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. GDFKingTigerTank Apprentice Engineer

Seriously, there are antagonists on both sides that need to stop it.

There isn't any reason to even discuss the "furry fandom" here. That's not what this game and these forums are about. Your lifestyle, your choice. Most people honestly don't care But those openly posting about it and advertising it are inviting people to comment on it. Otherwise - why even discuss/hint/advertise it? Some of you literally enjoying standing in the flames when all you have to do is not flaunt it and most people will ignore it and/or not go looking for it.

On the other hand yes there are some intolerant people out there who continue to pick at people who they've identified that don't share their "normal" lifestyle. And whether they're truly being self righteous or trying to be intellectual about it, the discussion isn't going to benefit this community or change opinions. So all they're doing is making more needless drama. So they need to not rise to the bait and then the fishermen will eventually stop fishing...

2. Carrion Senior Engineer

when has a single furry based thread been even remotely civil? on BOTH sides.

Maybe the idea is to you know stop trying to force the issue of such things in this and accept that maybe if you want furry clan you advertise it on steam.

That's not saying leave a forum that's saying leave THAT part of your life off the forum and engage in it elsewhere. there are parts of my life which are not suitable for this forum and i know this. shall i discuss very openly how i hand hunt for game and kill stuff for food on a forum which has NOTHING to do with hunting or cooking? or shall i use discretion and think Maybe just maybe that this place isnt the place for me to force a discussion or attempt some evangelical missionary work on the pros of roadkill as a food source.

and the flick side. i honestly dont care how much you hate furries or whatever its pretty simple to just ignore the side of it which is looking for like minded gamers and only rationally discuss things pertinent to the game.

3. GDFKingTigerTank Apprentice Engineer

You know that's not a half bad idea Carrion. When either side starts getting out of hand someone should just start posting pictures of hunters cleaning deer or pigs getting processed at a meat plant.... Maybe that would get the point across!

Think about it people - would anybody here really want this forum overrun with some sort of crazy PETA activism battle? OMG they're slaughtering space pigs in Space Engineers, oh the digital cruelty!!!! End the killing, stop warping childrens brains!!!!

No?
    *Ignores the obvious minority of trolls in the back raising their hands*

Ok then, cause this whole furry vs not battle is just a different flavor of that same type of thing.

So now maybe some of you can make the jump - if THAT's a bad idea, then equally so is all the junk that's currently going on!

4. TheFurNinja Apprentice Engineer

Agreed, I didn't come here to start any fights or provoke any negative reactions. I was merely advertising our presence and was expecting people to be more civil. I guess I have too high of expectations of people.
    Lets end this argument now. If anything is gonna wreck this game, its gonna be petty arguments about beliefs.

5. Fab Apprentice Engineer

Was the whole post necessary

_______

Let's end this before we all get chain banned

6. TheFurNinja Apprentice Engineer

have to admit it was a good break from the huge "argument" that should hopefully be done with

7. Skeloton Master Engineer

This over yet? I like the artwork myself but im more interested in wether we'll see animal themed ships, like the ram used in the seige of that city in Gondor in on of ghe LOTR films.

8. Fab Apprentice Engineer

Same, the idea is cool, but very hard because i tried to.

9. TheFurNinja Apprentice Engineer

That sounds like fun, though I myself am no good a sculptor/artist/or large ship engineer. Maybe one of my engineers can do it. I will ask. Is that an official request from Shivan Ind.?

10. GDFKingTigerTank Apprentice Engineer

At one time I had a whole line of sea creature/item themed ships as active designs in R&D.

a Crab miner
    a Sea Dart fighter
    a Harpoon bomber
    a Stingray Cruiser
    a Manta Ray Carrier
    etc.

It's actually really interesting to take an animal as an inspiration for a design and then to flush it out into a space age vehicle.

11. Skeloton Master Engineer

Request? No. More like an expectation.

Well my Mara is sort of spider like.

12. SovereignVis Trainee Engineer

It would be funny, because it would just be so out of place. :woot:
    [​IMG]
    Or like having a shark's mouth on the front of a ship with a big weapon inside.
    [​IMG]
    <table width="16" align="center" cellspacing="0" class="tables post_body" cellpadding="0" border="0"><tbody><tr class="table_row"><td valign="top" style="text-align: left;" class="post"> </td></tr></tbody></table>

13. Caesar15 Apprentice Engineer

I don't think any of you understand. You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb into his skin and walk around in it.

14. GDFKingTigerTank Apprentice Engineer

I understand perfectly. My skin is a 13,000kg spacefighter fighter. Not only are you not climbing into it, you'll only ever touch it with your cold dead hands.

And even then... fingerprints muck up the canopy and then I have to get out the stupid Windex-0G bottle and that stuff is PRICEY so I'd prefer that you kindly eject your rapidly decompressing corpse from your rapidly disintegrating cockpit in the opposite direction as my ship. You're a minnow in a shark tank buddy.

15. Caesar15 Apprentice Engineer

So much for a calm, peaceful reference.

16. GDFKingTigerTank Apprentice Engineer

Peaces are generally overrated - except for Pieces of Eight and Reeces Pieces.

I much prefer mutual respect.

17. Stonewolf Junior Engineer

All you need is a bag full of imagination, and anything is possible. Some of you have seen my 'seadog' shark ship and on my avatar is my current "animal" themed ship 'PC - Wolfram'. Ram mite be an interesting design. Especially made into ramming ship :sneaky: Im an aries so mite go with that one day.

Regardless, welcome Fur-Tec to the wonderful life of faction bashing here in the forums. Lot of new ones get it so don't take it too personal. Usually its "no time for this yet" or "Bad idea for a faction" :cool: Guess you guys are special and get a special treatment from our forum trolls.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if only people who genuinely are interested in the faction or have a question about it, posted on these topics :cool:

18. Fab Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]

The biggest and heaviest ship built with small blocks, fear it.

14 Gat guns

10 Rocket launchers

2-3 armor width

5 large generators

Edit: Model name's X-F-S/B-1

Non-crazy name soon

19. Ascensiam Trainee Engineer

''Sir, there's an incoming piece of... modern art?''

''What the hell is that thi-'' *KABOOM*

Jokes aside, anyone will really be so confused that they will be sitting ducks.

20. XPMatt Trainee Engineer

And a new strategy has come to bear...confuse the enemy by making them think your vessel is a harmless piece of modern sculpture. Floating in deep space.

Not sure how that one will work.

On the actual subject of this topic, how many people are in this faction?

21. Avalunch Trainee Engineer

Nine at the moment.

22. SovereignVis Trainee Engineer

I've seen bigger and heavier. :rolleyes:

23. jamagh Apprentice Engineer

What is that? Minmitar?

24. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

Orginal ship design. Minmitar ? Dont watch midle construction, it can be changed and thrusters can go inside, or just change color of ship, but it was while before i did see some new idea and this is one. Will try construct somethink similar with 3-4 block thick :D black-red-black + hooles combination. Nice ship :thumb:

25. Fab Apprentice Engineer

Pics please

and It weights 330000 kg

26. Valdemar |FIN| Junior Engineer

You know, that is just block with side-facing guns, exposed engines and lots of metal that only are good for making ships target away from it's center.
    That is when you say it engineering-wise. Otherwise pretty neat, but only because of the big chunk of modern art around it.

27. TheFurNinja Apprentice Engineer

Real nice looking ship, when i get back from school (its break time here.) I will see to it it gets officiated and properly designated.
    I think the name "broadside" works good here. Also thinking I will designate it F-Sp/B1-1 (Sp stands for Specialized Weapon.) The F-Sp/B1-1 "Broadside"

28. Amancalledme Apprentice Engineer

Sounds like some Tau ship, just came back home here, timezones confuse me :confused:.

For da furries!

29. TheFurNinja Apprentice Engineer

Updated the First post
    • Added some emphasis in some areas
    • Added Job Listing
    Check it out!

30. SovereignVis Trainee Engineer

Here is a video of a bigger, heavier, and crazier small ship design. :D

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.