Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Game Mode Ideas

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Zev, Jan 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Zev Trainee Engineer

As a disclaimer I want to let everyone know that I haven't actually used multiplayer yet but from what I hear, 4v4 seems to lag less than 16v16 and copy/pasting ships is somewhat of a problem for some people. Also no dedicated servers.

Anyway, I decided to make this thread for anyone with an idea of a gamemode that the community can implement themselves with what we currently have in Space Engineers and provide others with fun ideas to use.

For example:

Destroy/Defend - A game mode with half the team in one large ship(Let's call them the Alliance) and the other team in small ships (Let's them the Independence). The Alliance team has cargo filled with rocks that the Independence has to either destroy or steal. Alliance has unlimited amount of weapons on their ship and the Independence have a limited amount of rockets (don't want them to be able to completely destroy the ship yet still able to make a hole to breach)

All are welcome to modify my example.

2. Fragman Apprentice Engineer

My suggestion:
    Deathmatch - all vs all
    Team deathmatch - team vs team
    Capture the ship - It's like captire the flag, but you must capture enemy ship, and bring it to your base
    Destroy enemy ship - team must destroy enemy large ship
    Domination - capture the point, like in Battlefield
    Race - weapons are not avalible. To wining, you must collect... for examle, some rings, before enemy do this.

3. Dragongaze13 Trainee Engineer

It's an Alpha.
    Nobody wants game modes, for the same reason that nobody wants Background: if you can do the more, you can also do the less.

4. 3trip Apprentice Engineer

I would rather have a system similar to minecrafts command blocks. Then you can have ANY game mode you want.

5. Zev Trainee Engineer

You misapprehend my post. I didn't mean select a gamemode from the menu type of thing. I just meant for something the people can do on the server. So far there is building, crashing, mining and roleplaying. What else is there to do once your done building or mining? Well you could build a big ship that acts as one team and little ships as the other team and fight it out. You get where I'm going?

6. GoTo2k Trainee Engineer

Someone implemented the conquest mode known from battlefield into SE.
    After choosing to play either on the RED or BLUE team by choosing the corresponding premade
    fighter, you can capture points by simply painting the flags red or blue.

You can check it out and also download it from the youtube page.

7. Grim Apprentice Engineer

I can't view to video now due to restrictions at school, but I'm going to guess it's LSG. You all owe me 1 dollar if I am right.

8. Dune Drifter Apprentice Engineer

Yes, sorry, I had to change my games of red Vs blue (they aren't the same as the one Goto2k mentioned) to 32bit and 64bit - due to too many slow computers trying to log on to the faster game.

I've kept the games as friends only and pop them onto public every now and again.

Still the same choices: gunships, fighters and intercepters, this time there are no ships hiding underneath ;) (or is there) limited to 6 players only
    score is kept between reds n blues last game red 19 - blue 20

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=215283063 - for 32 bit

The 64 Bit is a bit more complicated.

the bases are seperated, an asteroid belt is inbetween them - aparantely there are pirates in the asteroid belt, and rumour has it - they stole the new Mk9 Gunship - so new it hasn't been painted yet (still grey and it has no beacon - and again the rumour says it now has protection over the cockpits).

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=219508047 - for 64 bit upto 16 players allowed

remember to look behind you.
    don't shoot the messenger (me).
    and don't keep pinching my ship (you know who you are).

see you all out there.

9. GoTo2k Trainee Engineer

It is, indeed, from LastStandGamers. I don't live in the US so there won't be a dollar but if you fly over here to the EU, I will gladly give you 1 Euro ;D

@Dune Drifter the links don't seem to work. Did you remove the files?

10. Grim Apprentice Engineer

NEGATIVE. 1 EXACT DOLLAR. NO YURROS.

11. xtreampb Trainee Engineer

I'll take a euro, (euro is worth more and the us dollar)

12. Dune Drifter Apprentice Engineer

Sorry GoTo2k, it was locked down as friends and admin only, I've now unlocked them both for public viewing. Just for a few days.

13. Atollski Trainee Engineer

How about fitting only forward/backwards thrusters and a gyroscope so you can do drift racing? that would be pretty cool/disastrous if the track went through hollowed out asteroids.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.