Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Grindy's Heavy Equipment Powered by Sinbad Scripts™ (Current Project: 100m Excavation Tools)

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by GrindyGears, Nov 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

Okay, update for the day and sorta yesterday,

in a nutty attempt to make longer term operations more viable with this machine i've opted to include a life support system.

I've also went ahead and sorta tossed some components together and added a framework for the upper assembly on a temporary lower chassis (still not sure what to do with it Q~Q)

[​IMG]

You know. That trailer looks a lot bigger when it doesn't have tens of meters of boom hanging off it... Also its way to narrow for the current design so i think some further changes will have to be made either in its design or the excavator...

Current mass with the framework, heavy lower assembly, and some heavy armor counterweight (seen near the back): 472 tonnes

• Like Like x 2
  2. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

Post almost the size of some of the equipment incoming! So, its been a while and to be honest i haven't gotten much done... anyway see the fruits of keens games labor(ing under the physics load...)

First up, I tried a new type of trailer as the original design intent wasn't quite working out as I had hoped, this one is a sliding axle tilt loading trailer. Lots of pistons, a couple rotors and a bit of clangs mercy.
    Really and truly i'm not sure anything that is a more conventional design will work unless something changes with wheels *winks hoping at keen* at over 600 tonnes and having traction like greased ice it doesn't make things easy.

[​IMG]

Next up on the block we have a somewhat proper depth profile of what this monster can actually dig, followed by another view.

to save you the trouble of counting thats 42 large grid blocks deep and 13 wide

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeoman Trainee Engineer

That trailer is impressive. Very nice.

4. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

After yesterday's update I have both some good and bad news,

Good news first: Tracks and other physics objects now run at 1.00 sim speed. I don't know if i can, or if i should put a set of tracks on the colossus or not, but we'll see
    (just tracks skidding on a planet)

The bad news: Keen has fucked rotor offsets and the current [everything i've ever built] spins like a top thats made of anti tank caltrops

a few hotfixes today and sadly it was not fixed, so i will assume i will have to wait until next week to continue.

5. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

Well, it's a lazy video.... unedited.... tired voiced.... generally half assed.

but here you go, video of it "working"

• Like Like x 2
  6. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

wow, long time no post, am I a bad person for necroing my own thread? Anyway, to be quite honest. I haven't really got a huge amount done, some updates to the excavator, and a couple of new trucks I suppose.

As a shameless self promotion, you can find a Lot of the newer stuff at least briefly in this video:

[​IMG]

Seen here 10x10 Heavy Expanded Mobile Tactical Truck with Palletized Load System, loading on a classic mining rig

https://streamable.com/8rdxj
    16x16 Heavy tractor going a little too offroad ^

https://streamable.com/4pnud
    Same Truck, under load crossing a wide gap^

Sorry for the spam, enjoy

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.