Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Halloween Update 1.184.6 - Skin Crafting & Ghost Skin

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by flexx, Oct 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Cilegna Trainee Engineer

For Ion thrusters it is as follows:

Small: 2 blocks directly in front of thrusters receive damage (1 block wide)
    Large: 4 blocks directly in front of thruster (2 blocks wide) receive damage

Hydrogen Thrusters:
    Small: 2 blocks directly in front of thruster (1 block wide)
    Large: 7 blocks directly in front of thruster (3 blocks wide)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 3
  2. Lucun Trainee Engineer

Jump drive doesnt jump. Great.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

How about letting us purchase different player character HEADS instead of McBeardie Face or whatever his nickname is? I would like a Xocliv head and a Rexxar head to begin with I'd shell out $5 for each one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Urniech Trainee Engineer

So apparently after some testing nothing can be in front of a thruster nozzel anymore. No fancy covers for anyone. Passage blocks in front of small thrusters get destroyed now. Large thrusters affect the entire 2 spaces so placing slopes, half slabs or even a panel block will get destroyed. A lot of designs on the workshop now are going to blow up.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. DerIngenieur Trainee Engineer

Appears that there have been some breaking changes to the scripting API...? Or a bug has been introduced. Nanite Factory keeps crashing on start since the new update of today. And it's the same exception as mentioned before in this thread.

Exception occured: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at NaniteConstructionSystem.NaniteConstructionManager.InitializeControls()
    at NaniteConstructionSystem.NaniteConstructionManager.Initialize()
    at NaniteConstructionSystem.NaniteConstructionManager.UpdateBeforeSimulation()
    at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.UpdateComponents()
    at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.Update(MyTimeSpan updateTime)
    at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Update()
    at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.UpdateInternal()
    at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.RunSingleFrame()
    at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.FixedLoop.<>c__DisplayClass1.<Run>b__0()
    at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.GenericLoop.Run(VoidAction tickCallback)
    at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.RunLoop()
    at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Run(Boolean customRenderLoop, Action disposeSplashScreen)
    at SpaceEngineers.MyProgram.Main(String[] args)

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. WipeOuttt Trainee Engineer

IS IT ONLY ME??

I cant start my space engineers dedicated server using the consol. It has been fine just before I update it.

It goes down when it reaches the end of loading the world !

7. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

it really is going to take alot of getting used to. :/
    hopefully there is someway of enabling a projection of the damage cone thrusters give off.

8. Innoble Apprentice Engineer

I have the same problem. My modded block has its controls added and when that happens this is the offending line:

gridViewSwitch.Getter = (b) => b.GameLogic.GetAs<HoloProjector>().gridViewOn;

Seems to happen when extending MyGameLogicComponent

a LOT of mods will be broken now.

9. WipeOuttt Trainee Engineer

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. jandraelune Apprentice Engineer

" slightly larger volume of effect " Nope...not ' Slightly ' at all. Massively is more fitting. From a Pinhole to the full grid cube.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Meridius_IX Trainee Engineer

Not happy about the thruster damage changes - breaks a few of my designs that have worked for a long time :(

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. Forjo Apprentice Engineer

I'm REALLY not happy about this change. I'm just going to leave it at that.

-Forjo

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. OmEgA_StOrM Apprentice Engineer

so is it true you can only buy the gost skin or is it possible to get the skin trough trad ups and unknown signal during the week?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Zoladen Apprentice Engineer

I get that reference...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Bosse Trainee Engineer

2017-10-26 18:59:44.784 - Thread: 1 -> Exception occured: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at VRageRender.Animations.MyAnimationStateMachine.AnimationStateChanged(MyStateMachineTransitionWithStart transitionWithStart, MyStringId action)
    at VRage.Generics.MySingleStateMachine.NotifyStateChanged(MyStateMachineTransitionWithStart transitionWithStart, MyStringId action)
    at VRage.Generics.MySingleStateMachine.CursorStateChanged(Int32 transitionId, MyStringId action, MyStateMachineNode node, MyStateMachine stateMachine)
    at VRage.Generics.MyStateMachineCursor.NotifyCursorChanged(MyStateMachineTransition transition, MyStringId action)
    at VRage.Generics.MyStateMachineCursor.FollowTransition(MyStateMachineTransition transition, MyStringId action)
    at VRage.Generics.MyStateMachineNode.ExpandInternal(MyStateMachineCursor cursor, MyConcurrentHashSet`1 enquedActions, Int32 passThrough)
    at VRage.Generics.MyStateMachine.Update()
    at VRageRender.Animations.MyAnimationStateMachine.Update(MyAnimationUpdateData& data)
    at VRageRender.Animations.MyAnimationController.Update(MyAnimationUpdateData& animationUpdateData)
    at VRage.Game.Components.MyAnimationControllerComponent.Update()
    at VRage.Game.SessionComponents.MySessionComponentAnimationSystem.UpdateBeforeSimulation()
    at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Run(Boolean customRenderLoop, Action disposeSplashScreen)

Game crash soon after spawning at medical station. :-/

16. Meteo Trainee Engineer

[QUOTE="flexx, post: 1287074880, member: 3963790"
    Improvements
    • reworked thruster damage
    Now all blocks in thruster range are damaged at the same time.
    Thruster damage area is no longer cylinder but it is rectangular (faster computation, slightly larger volume of effect).

[/QUOTE]

How well I wondered what would be the next shit of this development team, because nothing else bullshit but change only to bother and break hours and hours of work invested in the construction of ship designs. Of course there is nothing to fix in the game that you dedicate to making these changes absurd ... without reason ... that had as bad as they were, nothing, but we will change it so that everyone has to rehash what so many hours of work has led them. I do not understand your true development policy, you just change things to fuck even more the small gameplay that already in case has the game. To see why noses have made this change, who asked you ?, Have you stopped to think the great annoyance that this will suppose many people of the community ?.

I, of course, am tired of doing, re-reading and starting over ... over and over and over and over again ... this is the drop that fills the glass. I hope you fail and people begin to realize that this game Space Enginers will never get anywhere, because of course they are many years of taking the hair to those who have long and we trust in your project. Keep selling Skins to finance the GoodAI, because it is clear that the Space Engineers do not invest nor hard of what you earn. And if the game is already bad, then nothing to continue making changes of these that nothing brings the game more than lost hours for those who still try to rely on the game to end well. I HAVE NOT ALLOWED YOU ANOTHER AND HOW MANY OTHERS HAVE MADE THE TRASH THIS GAME, AND NOT FOR THE GAME, BUT NOT FOR THE DEVELOPERS AND THESE SUDDEN SWAPS THAT NOTHING BUT THAT FUCK WHAT HOURS HARD TO CREATE.

And I repeat hopefully the community is aware that you are just taking your hair and abandon this game, you do not deserve the community you have, you do not even deserve the patience of many during these years regarding the development of game, for me this the propellers is the last thing, so many things to do in the game and you go and do something as useless as this to simply throw to the ground the thousands of hours of work that we have invested.

BYE BYE SPACE ENGINEERS

P.D: I hope that many more deais realize that this did not reach anything I today I have realized that it has no future some development. That if you buy skins that helps to make it go faster ... you must honestly think that we are imbeciles to believe this ...

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
  17. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

This is not a slightly larger volume of effect. This is a very large change that breaks a very significant portion of ships. Now blocks that aren't even in the way of the thrust flame burn up which is minorly infuriating.
    [​IMG]

I really wish we had been given a heads up about the thruster change. If you are going to change the damage pattern from a cylinder to a rectangular prism, the prism should be inscribed within the previous bounding cylinder. Otherwise the damage makes no sense as a large grid hydrogen thruster now deals damage on the edges where there is no exhaust (3x3 damage prism while the flame is 1x1). I think y'all should consider changing the damage prism to the following:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 31
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Venom415 Trainee Engineer

YES please just make it so we can still protect our thrusters without worrying about blowing ourselves up or leaving every system exposed

• Agree Agree x 8
  19. Thomas Theurer Trainee Engineer

client crashes with the same message as posted by roxanne:
    2017-10-26 20:22:52.357 - Thread: 1 -> Planetary Installations: Found 39 Installation Spawn Groups During Startup.
    2017-10-26 20:22:52.492 - Thread: 1 -> MyGlobalEvents.StartGlobalEvent: MyObjectBuilder_GlobalEventBase/SpawnCargoShip
    2017-10-26 20:22:52.692 - Thread: 1 -> Could not spawn event. Try 1 of 3
    2017-10-26 20:22:52.956 - Thread: 1 -> Exception occured: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at VRageRender.Animations.MyAnimationStateMachine.AnimationStateChanged(MyStateMachineTransitionWithStart transitionWithStart, MyStringId action)
    at VRage.Generics.MySingleStateMachine.NotifyStateChanged(MyStateMachineTransitionWithStart transitionWithStart, MyStringId action)
    at VRage.Generics.MySingleStateMachine.CursorStateChanged(Int32 transitionId, MyStringId action, MyStateMachineNode node, MyStateMachine stateMachine)
    at VRage.Generics.MyStateMachineCursor.NotifyCursorChanged(MyStateMachineTransition transition, MyStringId action)
    at VRage.Generics.MyStateMachineCursor.FollowTransition(MyStateMachineTransition transition, MyStringId action)
    at VRage.Generics.MyStateMachineNode.ExpandInternal(MyStateMachineCursor cursor, MyConcurrentHashSet`1 enquedActions, Int32 passThrough)
    at VRage.Generics.MyStateMachine.Update()
    at VRageRender.Animations.MyAnimationStateMachine.Update(MyAnimationUpdateData& data)
    at VRageRender.Animations.MyAnimationController.Update(MyAnimationUpdateData& animationUpdateData)
    at VRage.Game.Components.MyAnimationControllerComponent.Update()
    at VRage.Game.SessionComponents.MySessionComponentAnimationSystem.UpdateBeforeSimulation()
    2017-10-26 20:22:52.959 - Thread: 1 -> Hiding window
    2017-10-26 20:22:52.959 - Thread: 1 -> Hiding window done
    2017-10-26 20:22:52.959 - Thread: 1 -> Showing message

That happens as a local game and also with a dedicated server.

20. Brian Yilmaz Trainee Engineer

So finally I have some spare time this evening... was hoping to play a few hours but no... updated the Client, updated my dedicated server... starting the server... everything looks fine and whoop... process ends without any message or errors.
    Thanks, that you keep constantly break this game over and over again week after week!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. Cetric Junior Engineer

I really don't care about skins at all (I would be thrilled about full change of clothes, as proposed in the feedback forum) - but I buy it anyway just for support.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Alli Trainee Engineer

"
    • fixed sim speed drop when cargo ship spawns"

This concerns only cargo?
      Because I still have everything off (cargo, space pirate, container) and simspeed is still destroyed only with respawnship with an average of 8-10 players

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. doncdxx Apprentice Engineer

This is some dangerous ground you're treading on. Micro transactions are making some people run away from the big game developers. If done carelessly, it will drive away players and stain Keen's reputation permanently.

If you guys are set on doing this, please consider these two rules to minimize the harm to Keen's reputation.
    1. Aesthetic items only. Skins are kinda okay, but try to limit to that.
    2. Never sell anything that can't be earned in-game.

I love you guys, but you're playing with fire here.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Jikanta Apprentice Engineer

Love the update and happy to support Keen by getting the skin! That thruster damage though. :( But, performance > aesthetics.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. DragonShadow Apprentice Engineer

Well I'm turning thruster damage off for now, just in case. Still won't build cheat-ships but I would like to turn it back on again at some point.

Otherwise decent update, particularly the bug fixes and info about the next Major. Skin recycling is a nice little addition.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Jarin Trainee Engineer

So... that didn't last long. Posted on August 17th, and this is Oct 26th.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Agree Agree x 5
  27. Geckao Trainee Engineer

I created an account just to say that I completely agree with you. Not only does this new change make a large portion of already existing ships useless, it is also counter intuitive and reduces design possibilities. At the end of the day this change is a big setback, even if it comes with slight performance improvements.

• Agree Agree x 5
  28. TheDeinonychus Trainee Engineer

Soo.. Apparently landing pads for ships are now pointless? From the update notes, it sounds as if even if you have heavy armor or blast door blocks protecting your landing pad from thruster damage, any blocks UNDER the protection will be damages as if they were directly in front of the thrusters. This makes no sense. I can sort of understand wanting to do it this way to potentially save on calculation speed, as I assume the game has to calculate if something is blocking the damage zone and only apply damage to the closest block, then recalculate that every so often as blocks are destroyed. But even then, any speed that gains would be marginal from having to calculate damage on several blocks at once. And honestly was it that big of a drain on the engine in the first place? On top of this, 'flat' blocks like lights, catwalks, or control panels that would visually be out of the reach of the thruster flame (especially with large thrusters) will be damaged because reasons? This sounds more like a change made to force players to leave their thrusters exposed and thus easy targets for drones, or to make carrier type ships impractical, rather than a change to optimize or improve on gameplay.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. Jackattack2604 Trainee Engineer

Xoc is still gone though

• Agree Agree x 3
  30. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

*laughs in rover wheels never have to deal with thruster damage*
    *0.2 seconds later*
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.