Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Halloween Update 1.184.6 - Skin Crafting & Ghost Skin

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by flexx, Oct 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Reaver119 Trainee Engineer

This issue doesn't seem limited to the two mods mentioned above. My results so far seem to suggest that entering any cockpit whatsoever, in a world with any modded cockpit activated, causes an immediate CTD.

Good to hear - hopefully you're able to get that hotfix deployed pronto.

As for the matter of thruster damage...

I strongly endorse Whip's solution here. I completely understand that a cylinder is vastly more computationally expensive to calculate than a rectangular prism - but a compromise solution like Whip has suggested, that would retain that computational economy but still allow for some designs of thruster cowling etc, would seem like a good solution.

This is (aside from the CTD problem, of course) the aspect of this update that I find most disappointing. Making a landing pad many blocks thick no less susceptible to damage than a single-thickness one (or making it useless to try and protect vulnerable components from thruster damage with armour) is completely counter-intuitive. This is one area where I'd suggest that computational efficiency and performance optimisation should take a back seat to realism and player experience.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. I23I7 ME Tester

So the argument here is make the ouchie box smaller?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Sarekh Senior Engineer

I think the argument is twofold, really: Making the box smaller but also and especially reverting the change of all blocks being damaged at the same time instead of successively.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. I23I7 ME Tester

Well the programmers are aware of the issue. They know about your arguments about this. Lets see what they come up with.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. skullgrabshinkicker Trainee Engineer

hahhahha ouchie box. everybody get back to jumping up and down.

6. PandaTv Trainee Engineer

• fixed thruster damage not working on DS
    this is so over power by lander mk 1 only damage by Landing gear

this is not good by new game or new lobby i have no fun .

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Lt_Duckweed Apprentice Engineer

The change of the damage volume from a cylinder to a rectangular prism only showed up in single player with this update. With the previous damage model I could build nice cowlings for my engines with thruster damage enabled. As of this update my ships are burning parts of their armor off.

Here is a replug of whips image.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. I23I7 ME Tester

This does not solve the issue if you run a grid through that image you will see that the same blocks would still get damaged. As i said the programmers know about this and are looking into it.

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Saberwulfy Apprentice Engineer

I would love to see multidirectional armor thrusters solving design problems using diagonals.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. halipatsui Senior Engineer

Whats wrong with sensors?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. DaVudu Trainee Engineer

Dear Devs,

it appears that the Mod
    (DX11) Bunk Beds - 297348674
    also causes the crash when entering a cockpit.
    You might want to look into this, too.

Thanks!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Cetric Junior Engineer

For the sake of immersion, I am all in for making dangerous things dangerous: space for its cold and void of oxygen, weapons for the intended damage they are designed for - and thrusters for their enormous heat needed to develop powers strong enough to move a thing of thousands of tons around.
    Everything else would be a pink fluffy Disney world with ponies, hearts and dancing butterflies...
    --
    I read here people made once 'concealed' thrusters inside ships. I call that an exploit alright, glad this becomes impossible. ^^
    Actually thruster flames should be even worse in effect, not cylindrical or rectangular in dishing out damages to block positions in line, but cone-shaped - meaning insanely hot at the centered tip first and broadening with distance and well into adjacent blocks, same time decreasing in damaging intensity. I don't ask for it, though, as we have to opt for everything which is good for more sim speed.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. halipatsui Senior Engineer

And large atmos should suck engineers in from air intake

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 4
  14. Alli Trainee Engineer

I felt like a draft when I wanted to know more ...

I did not re-activate Cargo Ship, random encounters or drop containers on my server.

Yet the Respawnship continues to lower the simspeed from a number of players.

I would not want to do my pampering but is it possible to have a more details on this "fix"?

15. Spets Master Engineer

well, you chose the wrong game...
    this game doesn't need a story line and it was never mentioned that it will have one... but... who knows...
    this is not an RPG game, trading was never planned... but never say never...
    this is a building game, you build things doooh!
    gameplay changed a lot since the first day, unless you just doing the same thing over and over, and then complain that you can do only one thing...
    people that can't play on planets are usually people with really old PC's (or a stupid laptop), they don't even know the basics of PC hardware. You can't enter to the PC games world if you don't want, or can't upgrade... constantly. and btw, the performance has improved A LOT!
    the game have a constant 2-3k players online since 2013-14, some old players maybe already left, of course, some people get tired of playing the same game, but new people come everyday.
    2.3M copies... no idea how much money that will be, I'm not an economist, but it doesn't seem a lot of money to maintain a 15-20 people Dev team for 4 years, they need a salary, they need to eat, pay the bills, equipment, what more?
    2600+ hours of play. Bought in November 2013. paid 15 bucks, and had a lot of fun... waiting for the New Survival re balance + wheels, and more to come.
    Happy 4th Anniversary Space Engineers!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. I23I7 ME Tester

Hey,

Hotfix is out with Jump drive fixed and the industrial cockpit crash as well as the nanite factory crash have been patched.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Barrio575 Apprentice Engineer

All I have to say is haphazard AF.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

For those going on about people complaining about the thruster damage change please remember that it is not so much that the thrusters now do more damage which is fine IMO it is the lack of any sort of warning from Keen regarding what is coming up. A simple mention in one of the previous videos that "we are going to be changing thruster damage to <this>" would have been good communication allowing players to modify designs to accomodate.

Instead players are logging in to exploding ships and bases.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. MechanID Trainee Engineer

Thanks for fixing DS sim speed issues!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. krypt-lynx Apprentice Engineer

It because Whip's image drawn in wrong way.

Right one:
    [​IMG]
    I need to test, does it have the same size as a block or smaller (i.e will it burn catwalk or not)

• Like Like x 2
  21. Thomas Theurer Trainee Engineer

Thx for the hotfix, but there are several more mods with problems e.g. the Azimuth Mega Modpack and others. Here is a list of failing mods from my the spaceengineers.log file:

Line 726: 2017-10-27 13:05:25.453 - Thread: 1 -> Failed to load scripts from: .........AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\303959338.sbm
    Line 727: 2017-10-27 13:05:25.565 - Thread: 1 -> Failed to load scripts from: .........AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\305329302.sbm
    Line 728: 2017-10-27 13:05:25.597 - Thread: 1 -> Failed to load scripts from: .........AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\309057836.sbm
    Line 729: 2017-10-27 13:05:25.728 - Thread: 1 -> Failed to load scripts from: .........AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\314296143.sbm
    Line 737: 2017-10-27 13:05:29.663 - Thread: 1 -> Failed to load scripts from: .........AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\418923288.sbm
    Line 738: 2017-10-27 13:05:29.670 - Thread: 1 -> Failed to load scripts from: .........AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\444642373.sbm
    Line 739: 2017-10-27 13:05:29.746 - Thread: 1 -> Failed to load scripts from: .........AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\472832143.sbm
    Line 740: 2017-10-27 13:05:30.777 - Thread: 1 -> Failed to load scripts from: .........AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\487835945.sbm
    Line 755: 2017-10-27 13:05:32.919 - Thread: 1 -> Failed to load scripts from: .........AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\672311962.sbm
    Line 756: 2017-10-27 13:05:34.460 - Thread: 1 -> Failed to load scripts from: .........AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\700826764.sbm
    Line 757: 2017-10-27 13:05:34.462 - Thread: 1 -> Failed to load scripts from: .........AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\701311692.sbm
    Line 765: 2017-10-27 13:05:36.473 - Thread: 1 -> Failed to load scripts from: .........AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\830522091.sbm

Ttami

22. krypt-lynx Apprentice Engineer

So, it does, catwalks and windows:

• Informative Informative x 3
  23. Herpaderpa Trainee Engineer

Just turn off thruster damage and fix it, then turn it back on.
    Would expect the communtiy of a game with engineer in the title to be better at dealing with problems.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  24. gordon861 Apprentice Engineer

You know what would have helped here ... a video showing what the new effect was going to be, but no, they are stopping with those as they are a waste of time for 'minor' changes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. krypt-lynx Apprentice Engineer

Please, fix my cockpit design above without making it larger :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

In SP yes that is the way round it. Not everyone plays SP though.

27. DragonShadow Apprentice Engineer

Trains don't have tyres! :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  28. Roxette Senior Engineer

Actually they do, in many cases... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railway_tire :p

• Informative Informative x 3
  29. DragonShadow Apprentice Engineer

Holy carp! :woot:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  30. DemeterHUN Trainee Engineer

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.