Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Halloween Update 1.184.6 - Skin Crafting & Ghost Skin

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by flexx, Oct 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. orca89 Trainee Engineer

yes, thank you... now my Dedicated Server crashes after someone joins..
    Urgent fix needed!

2. Ondřej Nahálka QA Lead Staff

Hey orca89,

thanks for the information.

Are you sure this is caused by the hotfix 1.184.603? Because the hotfix contains ONLY the fix for main menu crash. There is no connection with your issue.

Dedicated Server is OK for us.

Please send the log: ondrej.nahalka@keenswh.com

Thank you! :)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Arcturus Senior Engineer

Let's not be confused here: prior to this update, blast door blocks (but not large ship heavy armor) were immune to small grid thrusters. This was set up based on a "deformation ratio" value in the code, so when a value got changed at some point (in a previous update), heavy armor landing pads started taking damage.
    Relevant bug report:
    https://forums.keenswh.com/threads/...ing-large-grid-armor.7394726/#post-1287053364

EDIT: In the past, heavy armor landing pads were safe for small ships AND were used in many KSH-designed ships/stations.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. orca89 Trainee Engineer

It was running fine with 6 people before the update,

Now it crashes when even 1 player joined

5. Ondřej Nahálka QA Lead Staff

Did you send that log file?

Send it to ondrej.nahalka@keenswh.com and we will have a look at it.

6. Pegas519 Apprentice Engineer

Recycling skins - Nice way to make people going for the crates. I personally quit going for them because I kept getting the same ones and didn't want to clutter my list. Plus, I don't care for skin, but I am all for helping the Devs. Great game, no pay4win, optional voluntary way to help for the game development. That's the way it should be.

• Like Like x 4
  7. orca89 Trainee Engineer

for some reason i cant find the right crash log... can you tell me where the location is?

8. Ondřej Nahálka QA Lead Staff

Sure :)

AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated
    AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers

Example:

[​IMG]

Send SpaceEngineersDedicated.log and SpaceEngineers.log

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. orca89 Trainee Engineer

ah, ok..
    the directory has been changed, but ok.
    the "AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers" is there, but not that intresting stuff, because the server does not play the game.
    the "SpaceEngineersDedicated" log is not realy a crash log, i tought that was needed.

10. Ondřej Nahálka QA Lead Staff

Weird.

Please stop and rerun the server. Test it and let me know.

11. Cetric Junior Engineer

When starting a save game, for first time since last update, I got a debug window and related text full for warnings about mod issues. Never seen this feature before.
    I thought it may be of interest to someone, so here it is copied + pasted:

Code:
    MOD_CRITICAL_ERROR: dcMetallbau, in file: C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\733410371.sbm\Data\CubeBlocks.sbc
    MOD PARTIALLY SKIPPED, LOADED ONLY 4/6 PHASES, Following Error occured:
    The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    mscorlib
      at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
      at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
      at Sandbox.Definitions.MyDefinitionManager.GetComponentDefinition(MyDefinitionId id)
      at Sandbox.Definitions.MyCubeBlockDefinition.Init(MyObjectBuilder_DefinitionBase builder)
      at Sandbox.Definitions.MyDefinitionManager.InitDefinition[T](MyModContext context, MyObjectBuilder_DefinitionBase builder)
      at Sandbox.Definitions.MyDefinitionManager.ToDefinitions(MyModContext context, DefinitionDictionary`1 outputDefinitions, DefinitionDictionary`1[] outputCubeBlocks, MyObjectBuilder_CubeBlockDefinition[] cubeBlocks, Boolean failOnDebug)
      at Sandbox.Definitions.MyDefinitionManager.LoadPhase3(MyObjectBuilder_Definitions objBuilder, MyModContext context, DefinitionSet definitionSet, Boolean failOnDebug)
      at Sandbox.Definitions.MyDefinitionManager.LoadDefinitions(MyModContext context, DefinitionSet definitionSet, Boolean failOnDebug, Boolean isPreload)
    MOD_ERROR: (DX11)Hydroponic, in file:
    C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Temp\SpaceEngineers\295394554.sbm_SpinningFans\SpinningFans.cs(126,23): Error: The type or namespace name 'IMyAirVent' does not exist in the namespace 'Sandbox.ModAPI.Ingame' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    MOD_ERROR: (DX11)Surveillance Camera, in file: C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\402364310.sbm\Data\AmmoMagazines.sbc
    Resource not found, setting to null. Resource path: C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\402364310.sbm\Textures\darth_biomech\GUI\Minotaur_ammo.dds
    MOD_ERROR: Aidylheid & VisSE [DX11] Shale Oil Resource & Diesel Power, in file: C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\509327181.sbm\Data\Audio_dieselengineloop.sbc
    3D sound 'dieselengineloop', 'C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\509327181.sbm\Audio\DieselEngine.xwm' must be in mono, got 2 channels
    MOD_ERROR: }DT{ Modpack, in file: C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\406279900.sbm\Data\Characters.sbc
    Invalid character Id found in mod !
    MOD_ERROR: }DT{ Modpack, in file: C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\406279900.sbm\Data\Characters.sbc
    Resource not found, setting to error model. Resource path: C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\406279900.sbm\Models\Characters\Astronaut\SE_astronaut_no_helmet.mwm
    Compilation of C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\295394554.sbm_SpinningFans failed:
    Resource not found, setting to error model. Resource path: C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\406279900.sbm\Models\Characters\Astronaut\SE_astronaut_no_helmet.mwm
    MOD_ERROR: Hyirez, in file: C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\1168095392.sbm\Data\VoxelMaterials.sbc
    Resource not found, setting to null. Resource path: C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\1168095392.sbm\Textures\Voxels\Ice_02_ForAxisXZ_de.dds
    C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Temp\SpaceEngineers\295394554.sbm_SpinningFans\SpinningFans.cs(128,35): Error: The type or namespace name 'IMyAirVent' does not exist in the namespace 'Sandbox.ModAPI.Ingame' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    MOD_ERROR: Hyirez, in file: C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\1168095392.sbm\Data\VoxelMaterials.sbc
    Resource not found, setting to null. Resource path: C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\1168095392.sbm\Textures\Voxels\Ice_02_ForAxisXZ_ns.dds
    MOD_ERROR: ExtendedConveyors /w DX11 PBR [WIP], in file: C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\336704528.sbm\Data\CubeBlocks.sbc
    Resource not found, setting to error model. Resource path: C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\336704528.sbm\Models\Cubes\Small\ConveyorTubeCrossMedium.mwm
    mod_warning: Energy Weapons (stable/dev), in file:
    **WARNING!**
    Script for MyObjectBuilder_InteriorTurret is using the obsolete MyEntityComponentDescriptor overload!
    You must use the 3 parameter overload to properly register script updates!
    This script will most likely not work as intended!
    **WARNING!**
    mod_warning: PT-SI12, in file: C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\486292866.sbm\Data\VoxelMapStorages.sbc
    File extension of: VoxelMaps\dcpt120.vx2 is not supported.
    **WARNING!**
    Script for MyObjectBuilder_AutomaticRifle is using the obsolete MyEntityComponentDescriptor overload!
    **WARNING!**
    mod_warning: HoverRail, in file:
    **WARNING!**
    Script for MyObjectBuilder_TerminalBlock is using the obsolete MyEntityComponentDescriptor overload!
    **WARNING!**
    mod_warning: Attachments - large to small grid without limits!, in file:
    **WARNING!**
    Script for MyObjectBuilder_MotorAdvancedStator is using the obsolete MyEntityComponentDescriptor overload!
    **WARNING!**
    mod_warning: (DX11) Digital Clock, in file:
    **WARNING!**
    Script for MyObjectBuilder_AdvancedDoor is using the obsolete MyEntityComponentDescriptor overload!
    **WARNING!**
    **WARNING!**
    Script for MyObjectBuilder_InteriorTurret is using the obsolete MyEntityComponentDescriptor overload!
    **WARNING!**
    **WARNING!**
    Script for MyObjectBuilder_TerminalBlock is using the obsolete MyEntityComponentDescriptor overload!
    **WARNING!**
    **WARNING!**
    **WARNING!**
    mod_warning: [Mexpex]  X-3 Heavy Main Battery, in file:
    **WARNING!**
    Script for MyObjectBuilder_LargeMissileTurret is using the obsolete MyEntityComponentDescriptor overload!
    **WARNING!**
    mod_warning: Maglev Rail, in file:
    **WARNING!**
    Script for MyObjectBuilder_LandingGear is using the obsolete MyEntityComponentDescriptor overload!
    **WARNING!**
    mod_warning: Maglev Rail, in file:
    **WARNING!**
    Script for MyObjectBuilder_LandingGear is using the obsolete MyEntityComponentDescriptor overload!
    **WARNING!**
    mod_warning: Aidylheid & VisSE [DX11] Shale Oil Resource & Diesel Power, in file: C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\509327181.sbm\Data\LPGCubeBlocks.sbc
    Obsolete default definition of mount points in MyObjectBuilder_OxygenTank/LargeLPGTankSmall
    mod_warning: Attachments - large to small grid without limits!, in file:
    **WARNING!**
    Script for MyObjectBuilder_MotorAdvancedRotor is using the obsolete MyEntityComponentDescriptor overload!
    **WARNING!**
    mod_warning: Ice and Stone Asteroid, in file: C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\524186849.sbm\Data\VoxelMapStorages.sbc
    File extension of: VoxelMaps\IceStone5.vx2 is not supported.
    **WARNING!**
    **WARNING!**
    mod_warning: Aidylheid & VisSE [DX11] Shale Oil Resource & Diesel Power, in file: C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods\509327181.sbm\Data\LPGCubeBlocks.sbc
    Obsolete default definition of mount points in MyObjectBuilder_OxygenTank/SmallLPGSmall
    mod_notice: Maglev Rail, in file:
    Possible entity type script logic collision
    mod_notice: Ravcor (Now with Lava Damage), in file:
    Possible entity type script logic collision

--
    Worst for me is dcmetallbau failed to load its blocks (first error in the list).

• Like Like x 1
  12. orca89 Trainee Engineer

wont work,
    even restarted the whole pc, still not working.

(e-mail has been send)

Edit:

its running now..

Deleted the dedicated64 folder and revalidated with steam.
    and deleted "sandbox_0_0_0.sbsPB" before starting the server.

13. Ondřej Nahálka QA Lead Staff

I saw it.

There was a conflict.

So... does it work without any issue?

14. orca89 Trainee Engineer

works fine for now, thanks for the help although i managed to fix it my own ;)

15. Roxette Senior Engineer

<redacted>

• Like Like x 1
  16. Saitam Trainee Engineer

Same trouble... when any player join in DS, crash the server... deleting Sandbox_0_0_0.sbcPB work fine to fix it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ondřej Nahálka QA Lead Staff

Thanks for your report. :)

18. Pharap Apprentice Engineer

This is why I don't understand people complaining about things not being realistic.

The game is supposedly set in the future, we don't have to worry about any of the real-world spaceship worries like rocket staging or interstellar distances or slingshotting around orbits or any of that really complicated stuff that KSP handles.

Sure there's mods for stuff like ships burning up and making thrusters apply rotation, but beyond that it's pretty unrealistic.

It's a sandbox game with very little realism beyond the graphics, so why worry about realism?

(Spoiler: the astronaut is an oxygen-powered android that doesn't need to eat or poop.)

Possibly, possibly not.
    Gravity drives have a rectangular collision area (for the zone the gravity affects) which is fairly cheap to compute.
    Theoretically if forces are only recalculated when they're changed it could be much cheaper, especially since they have no damage calculation to apply.
    The game probably isn't optimised for grav-drives though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Timuroslav Apprentice Engineer

I think what happening to the current community is two fold.

We have people who are upset with the direction of more realism.
    and
    People want a more realistic direction for the game.

I kind of always saw this game as a survival open world game, more than a sandbox. Personally, I would like more realism because it creates an Engineering challenge. But, I'm also of the belief that more blocks will be in the game soon. The way I see it is that not all thrusters are the same, different thrusters will have different damage boxes.

Until half way through this year, Center of Gravity had no purpose in the game, but it has been a check box in the Info tab for OVER two years. I have had to rebalance some of my ships. But, it didn't bother me too much.

I think the Developers WANT this game to be more realistic/challenging.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. TheDeinonychus Trainee Engineer

The 'more real' argument goes out the window when you take into account that this update also made it so thrusters damage ALL blocks in range. Meaning, if you have a block, like a programmable block, behind a blast door block, the thruster will destroy the programmable block even though it's covered with the blast door. This change was purely for a minor improvement to performance, which has turned out to be not worth the hassle it's created for players.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. Pharap Apprentice Engineer

@Timuroslav
    I agree that there's a divide.

Some want realism, some want scifi.
    Some want 'challenging survival', some want 'space exploration'.

I don't share your view of what the game is/should be though.
    Making the engineering challenge more difficult usually means more restricted ships and thus less impressive ships.
    I think making ship building more challenging from a survival point of view would mean making certain resources harder to come by,
    thus forcing ships to use the least number of components and forcing the player to recycle old ships to make better ones.

I'd like more blocks in game, but I have doubts about them being added.

I'd rather survival mode focused on reasons to get our existing ships out into space,
    as it stands I have no reason to leave my base once it's built because beyond skins there's no reason to head out into space.
    There isn't even any point sitting at my base in survival to design a ship because it's quicker to prototype in creative and then use the projector to build in survival.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  22. Lander1 Trainee Engineer

Honestly though if it is a performance issue then wouldn't the best route be to consider technology advanced enough that things are thermally protected and immune to thruster damage, and just do away with the calculation all together?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  23. suicideneil Apprentice Engineer

Some of you guys are being far too rational and logical, asking all the right questions.

Stop that, stop that right now.

That's the issue with sandbox games based around a potato for a game/physics engine- you have to make your own adventure and create your own reasons for doing... anything. Player crafted scenarios are a good place to start, but it takes a fair bit of knowledge to essentially design your own mini-game within the game of SE, that's way beyond most of us it seems.

I just treat Creative mode like a giant box of infinite Lego to play with- I build ships and contraptions mainly to amuse other people, gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside knowing people liked something I made. Also, it massages my my massive ego- which is nice too :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. Bumber Senior Engineer

I really wish they would expand the visual effect to match. Right now there's a tiny flame on a large hydrogen thruster.

However, I think it's important to note that many blocks are made of the same materials as the thrusters themselves. They shouldn't be taking much damage unless obstructing the flow.

• Agree Agree x 4
  25. suicideneil Apprentice Engineer

The plume is indeed larger, but I'd question how hot it is at the edges compared to the centre, also, what Bumber said- blocks that don't even come close to obstructing the exhaust are still being damaged ( corner blocks essentially ).

• Agree Agree x 2
  26. High Ground Apprentice Engineer

Think that's bad, try a having a catwalk section next to a thruster, not blocking it just next to it. it get roasted!

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

As someone who has programmed gravity drives, interacting gravity fields take a steaming shit on simspeed faster than most things I've encountered :woot:

That isn't the issue, the issue is the way in which they implemented this change. It is horrid as it stands :/

So much this. I definitely think that heavy armor shouldn't melt under the thruster flame. Otherwise, landing pads made of heavy armor are completely useless.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  28. Arcturus Senior Engineer

I would like it if the default trash removal settings could be lowered to not delete things like unpowered ships that I am constructing.

This only became a problem when the settings were changed to delete those skin loot pods. Excluding bug testing, I haven't played a real game for fun of SE since I ragequit my last game because my cargo container that I built was unexpectedly deleted. This is too important a thing (especially for new players) to hide behind the alt-F10 panel (does that even persist through saves?).

A better solution would be to program the pods to vanish after a time using the same working system already in place for cargo ship spawns.

Trash removal should NOT be automatically on. Let people or servers enable it if they want.

29. Cetric Junior Engineer

Or what if we had 'blocks' which represent special coatings which render adjacent blocks (but still not blocks in line behind the exhaust - no 'concealed' thruster nonsense) immune to thruster flames?
    Think of something like the ceramic tiles plastered on space shuttle's underside for reentry into atmosphere - this technically advanced into another 70 years' distant future. Call it nano-titanium-ceramic or whatever.
    For obstructing excessive use of that coating (like an armor all around ships) make it expensive like hell in ressources. Or reduce it to a sort of block which can only get situated next to existing thruster blocks.
    --
    [Hey, I could make an entry in the feedback forum for that, but what's the use, as everyone keeps staring on ladders...]

30. Roxette Senior Engineer

I think servers and single player games need different default settings. Too many people set up servers very poorly through lack of good detailed information and perhaps lack of experience with game server hosting, not helped in many cases by unhelpful commercial hosting operations using badly designed user interfaces and management systems.

• Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.