Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Space Engineers New! Happy Halloween, Space Engineers!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Blitzzz333, Oct 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Blitzzz333 Keen PR Guy Staff

[​IMG]

Happy Halloween! We’d love to hear your scariest moments playing Space Engineers. Reply to this post for your chance to win a free Decorative Pack II key! :)

2. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Spent a few hours building a base and a few miners...had back up and auto saves off, exited game chose not to save because I forgot I had back up and auto save off... yeah pretty scary.

3. Zoladen Apprentice Engineer

From recent memory? I found out that I left a grind pit on when my ship ran out of hydrogen while flying over the pit... at least the moon gravity let me get out without becoming components myself.

4. Blitzzz333 Keen PR Guy Staff

Nooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! And that is pretty scary.

5. hippybaker Trainee Engineer

Aww man, I was playing a survival playthrough, it was just after the survival update...
    I had cobbled together an all hydrogen shuttle, and was in space for the first time, just above Earth-Like.

So.. I'm out there, in this rickety, exposed tank, Challenger-Esq shuttle, and what do I see?
    Lo and behold!: It's a pirate station.

I was completely unarmed. I didn't even have a hand weapon, save for my trusty grinder... But I HAD to have a little peek.. I just HAD to.
    I slowly inched forward, not knowing when a drone was gong to spawn, and hoping the turret range was still 600m.

I'm not sure how far I was when I decided that was close enough, but that's when disaster struck.
    Oh Clang!!
    I'm out of gosh darned motor trucking blooming plucking FUEL!!

Now I'm not sure if the shivers ran up, or down my spine; on account of the fact that my aforementioned rickety ship was now drifting directly, yet helplessly towards the pirate base at 8m/s

Don't panic, Hippy. Turn on your hydrogen generat.... oh. It WAS on.
    There's an asteroid nearby (kinda), maybe you can zip there real quick with your trusty jetpack and with a little luck, there will be some ice.
    Hit F. Hit W. Go go go!!!

This is stupid. You're not going to make it, Hippy.
    Made it back almost just in time to watch in horror as my Rickety Challenger Shuttle got shredded to pieces before my very eyes. Hydrogen tanks explode. Cool.

So there I was. floating in space. A red number getting smaller and smaller in my HUD.
    So I hightailed it back to Earth-Like in hopes of making it.. I mean, I DID have a full bottle of oxygen, and a full bottle of hydrogen. Maybe I could make it.

I made it to the entry point.. Lots of air, lots of fuel left. Just a 40 km freefall and home free.
    It was then I discovered a new feature of the survival update.

Being in a cold environment causes your space suit to use more energy.
    Cool feature. Had I discovered it at any other time, I would have loved it.

And then,
    She spoke to me.
    Like an angel.
    Of death.
    She said: Energy Low. What a jerk.
    She's all like smug about it too.. Like "In your face, you're out of energy, you negligent monster"
    But it's like, Lady; You're coming with me.
    Energy Critical.
    Gah. Just shut up for a minute. Let me think.

But alas, I did not make it.
    I respawned, and went for my valuable tools, that I paid WAY too much for from the local store, only to find my previous body heading away from me at full speed, through the planet voxel, never to be seen again.

That Blood Moon was pretty cool too. Cause I didn't know it was going to be there, and was like WTF and stuff....

Fun times, Thanks Keen :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Started a session that I had been working on for months and:

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.