Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Has anyone weaponized lord clang effectively?

Discussion in 'General' started by halipatsui, Feb 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. halipatsui Senior Engineer

Såace slingshot?
    Clang slingshot?
    Clang ballista?
    Clanglista?

I dont know what it is named but it looks beautiful.
    --- Automerge ---
    If that thing works like you said it would it might actually be usable as planetary artillery platform

2. Mike55520 Apprentice Engineer

Back when rotors had more structural integrety than tissue paper i had a ship i called the kraken where it had a bunch of grinder lined arms that opened wide then snapped shut around an enemy ship and would literally rip a heavy ship in 2 in seconds. Now any attempt to recreate results in the arms breaking off as soon as you move the ship.

3. halipatsui Senior Engineer

Have you happened to try this with large grid?:D
    --- Automerge ---
    If not i just figured out what i do tomorrow

4. Arcturus Senior Engineer

I tried to disconnect with merge blocks while on a planet, to make it reusable, but even with good timing the seperated part wouldn't retain velocity. When I used a warhead to disengage, it somehow all disappeared. The part attached to the ground was blown up, of course, as well as the voxels, but the super long projectile couldn't be found using the space master. Weird.

Needs more testing. You should try something out as well.

5. halipatsui Senior Engineer

I got an idea of using 1% constructed light armor as link between projectile and launcher.

It should be destroyed right away when it snaps into the launcher.

With large grids i could also tey small warheads for breaking the connection

I am also curious to see if i could assemble a version that has wheel suspensions on the end of the projectile& setup that does not launch the projectile. It MIGHT be usable as jump-pack for mechs :D

Or railgun.

6. rexxar Senior Engineer

Space bees

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.