Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[Help] Dedicated Server Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by Rhysus, Mar 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Rhysus Trainee Engineer

Hello all & thank you for reading this...

I am currently attempting to host a Space Engineers dedicated server, for myself & friends (20+ players), and have run into an issue that I cannot seem to find the cause of. I am hoping the community can help me out with this one.

The issue seems to stem from a port forwarding issue (I see a lot of these posts on here and have read several dozen guides and posts). Whenever I launch the server, I receive zero errors on the console or log file. Everything runs great up until players attempt to connect to the server. Server is not responding. Before I go further, I'll give you all the details and what I've done to this point so far.

I am hosting through OVH directly with a Windows OS.
    There are no routers involved in this, and the server is not on my private network, they are two separate entities. The server uses firewalls instead.
    I have read through the guides on how to setup a dedicated server.
    I have allowed both Steam & SpaceEngineersDedicatedServer.exe on the firewall (This automatically allows any requested ports to be open and used).
    Just in case, I have also allowed Inbound & Outbound rules for the default SE Server port (TCP & UDP 27016) & Steam's (TCP & UDP 8766).
    I have made sure there are no blocked ports within the server control panel & firewall.
    I have opened the server to public in the .cfg.

When the server is started, no one can see or connect to the server. I & one other person are the only people the server will allow to see and connect (We can see the server if it is in our favorites, direct connect, & history). The two of us that can connect have connected to the server through either the RDP (Me) or the SE Server through Remote API (My Friend). No one else can connect, they receive the message "Server is not responding".

I have tried several different ports. Set the Listen IP to 0.0.0.0, the Public IP, and the Default IP. Nothing seems to work. The server does not show in LAN. The server does recognize our steam accounts when we connect. I have turned off the firewall. We have tired several times with different instances with new worlds & prebuilt worlds. Nothing seems to give.

The server currently hosts a DCS Server that works fine. I have hosted Garry's Mod servers under the port of 27016, that works fine. I have hosted Farming Simulator 2019, Terraria, Minecraft, they all work except Space Engineers.

Does anyone know what is going on?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.